Jems and the Economy! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Cool Jems and the Economy!

Hi everyone, Well it seems that because people need the extra money this days, i'm starting to see a lot of used jems offered up for sale. Along with other expensive(to me) musical equipment for some really good prices.I found this on craigslist Ibanez Jem 7VWH, Steve Vai signature model (early 2000's model).
(pictures)

I offered the guy $875 ,he wanted $1100 and not because i was being cheap but because that is really all i have. I thought he would laugh at me but to my surprise he emailed me a couple of days later and said i could have it for the price.
I think it is a good price, what do you guys think?
It is sad to see some people having to sell their guitars to pay the bills but in hard times you have to do what you have to do!
Maybe one day i will be the seller.
peace.

Last edited by Robstar; 11-17-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 AM

Re: Jems and the Economy!

looks like a great price for itīs condition!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 11:49 AM

Nice! I've been the seller recently, (my N4) but not so much becasue of the economy, but for family needs. Not the first time either- seems like since I had kids my guitars are often the collateral on new beds, cribs, changing tables, and (most recently) a new computer. Oh well- no one said getting old is fun. Again, nice score!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM

I've been watching the Bay of E for months with this in mind, hoping that that some bargains might show up. 7VW's are so common that I'm surprised that they bring the $1,500-$1,800 prices people are always asking. FP's seem a little soft but not too bad, two PMC's recently sold pretty strong for over $4,000. The others I watch are DNA's and BFP's neither of which I've seen there in ages aside from a thrashed BFP, understandably with no takers at $1,499. I just paid a very strong price for a hard to find JS1.

The right guitar should always bring a strong price in good times or bad but common is just that. No need to chase something when you can find ten others at any given time. You did just fine on yours but in my opinion that's about what they should be selling for in the first place. Congrats on the purchase!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover View Post
I've been watching the Bay of E for months with this in mind, hoping that that some bargains might show up. 7VW's are so common that I'm surprised that they bring the $1,500-$1,800 prices people are always asking.
With the retail price now being $2,200 on a 7VWH, I am surprised to see them still selling under $1200. I need to sell mine and it is unfortunate that the market is so low.

Robstar, grab it regardless. If it is in good shape, you can easily make a couple hundred dollars profit.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 PM

Good deal i think.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover View Post
two PMC's recently sold pretty strong for over $4,000.
I bid $4300 on the one PMC, but was out bid. It went for $4350 to a guy in Singapore.

Didn't like the color of that last one.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 04:35 AM

yer the first PMC of the two mentioned was unreal. Didn't like the last one either.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 05:46 AM

sadly guitars haven't taken a hit from the economy as much as i'd like them to (lol)... i wish people were selling everything dirt cheap so i could blow all my cash on sweet guitars
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:07 AM

I to have stories, I got my 1st jem for $1100 AU which is about $600 USD and I got my RG 2470 for $400 $180 USD. Makes you feel bad knowing people are selling there guitars to simply pay the bills...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 PM

adds new meaning to the term "starving musician". I still have my first brand new guitar that I bought in 1990. Just don't think I could let it go. Fully bonded to it.

Tags
jem 7vwh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode