Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jems for left handed

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Random 
#1 ·
:?:

Hello:

I am looking for any info about left handed Jems or Universes. An English Jem owner told me that the Jem for left handed exists, and I have checked here, at Jemsite.com, one left handed Jem sale.
However, I could not access to any other info about this issue.

Greetings from southern Spain,
Random

#5 ·
Hello:

Thank you both, BucketBot and jemsite, for your superfast reaction. As I have been looking in the gallery, Jem555 LWH is the only (and not recommended in Jem/Uv Specs page).
I have a lefty RG-550 since almost 12 years... I think it could be better to find a good luthier to fix my guitar: it is really bad condition now, after many travels and no manteinance or improvement. What do you think about this? Any suggestions?

Random

#7 ·
Hello:

Thank you all for your replies. Very helpful :)

As I have been taking my time to take a look into the amazingly wide world of Vai's signature guitars, I have returned to my first idea: customize my RG to Jem. Actually, in my opinion this is the best option for any lefty RG-550 owner, because I think that the basics of this model are quite good.

Now I would like to say that the concept behind Universal Jems and Ibanez Rules is amazing for me too. I think there is not such a thing in Spain, though my budget can not afford -by the moment- a Lefty Jem made for me (maybe 5.000$?). Anyway, I have a couple places to send my guitar now, and this is due to you, folks :wink:

One more thing:
One of my favorites Jems is that black one which Vai played the concert of Guitar Legends '92, in Seville (Spain). I remember it with white fret dots, pickups and knobs, and I am not sure if Jem7PBK is that one. Anybody knows?

Greetings from Spain,
Random

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.