Jems in London - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Jems in London

I'm going to London for a week around the New Year's Eve, and I wanted to see if anyone can give me any good suggestions where I can try some nice Jems/UVs in London and Windsor. I went there this summer but all I found was a 555 and a 777DY somewhere on Denmark Street. I would like to try some newer ones.
Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:41 AM
dex

Denmark Street is the place.
Go to Rockers and Rose-Morris.
Rose-Morris allways have at least a few jems hanging on the wall, but the guy that runs the guitar bit of the shop is the biggest prick in the world.
Short hair and looks down on anyone that even touches a guitar.
Must think a lot of himself.
Man I hate that dude.
The thing is that even when I do my best to talk to other people about anything, they still call him straight away.
What's the point of having 3 people there if any time anybody want anything he gets called straight away.
Did I say that I hate that guy?

He is the most arogant and dismissive person I have EVER met.
Does anybody else knows who I'm talking about or is it just me being sensitive?
Anyone..........anyone...........anyone......
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:46 AM

Last time I was in Denmark St. Rose Morris had the VWH, FP, & VSBL in stock. Other times I have been there and they have only had like one of those in stock...all depends on their sales I guess.

The other place you might like to try which is not too far from Windsor is Percy Priors in High Wycombe. They list pretty much all the Jems on their web-site (http://www.percypriors.co.uk/acatalog/index.html).
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:49 AM

Ah, the "english dream"...
In fact, it changes a lot in London... Last summer there was a total of 10 jems in denmark street (4 vwh, 1 dbk, 2 vsbl, 2fp 1dy) and 1 uv!!!! Last week there was only 1vsbl, 1uv and 1vwh...
I could be here on friday... Send me an e-mail and we could meet each other on denmark street...
Once again, the price here are very expensive ... But in Wembley, you could find the cheapest "vsbl" in London for less than 1600£ (1999£ in the other shop = 3100 euros!!!)
See ya and let me know
JS
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Rose-Morris allways have at least a few jems hanging on the wall, but the guy that runs the guitar bit of the shop is the biggest prick in the world.
Man I hate that dude.
Yep!! I know the guy and I know what you mean. I went in to try a Parker a few months back and he wouldn't even turn his music off so I could hear what I was doing. I had to ask three times before he'd listen to me and even then he was a muppet about the whole deal. I had a grand in my back pocket and was serious about making a purchase too!

To get back on topic:

I'd recommend Percy Priors too. They have an awesome selection of Ibanez, the staff are friendly and High Wycombe isn't too far from Windsor.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:00 PM

Dex, I know what you mean!!!!!!
JS
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 05:38 AM

Yeah, I'd agree with everyone on the Rose Morris thing...I'd never actually buy a guitar there. They treat their instruments, and their customers, like ****...
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 05:53 PM

Hmmm, I didn't know about Percy Priors and I live between Windsor and High Wycombe. Checked out their web page and I realize that I may be very poor around x-mas if I go there. RG-Gold.... ooooohhh....
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 01:00 AM

Um... Looking at the prices and selections posted I think you'd save time and money if you just took a ferry to Helsinki (if you live anywhere nearby Stockholm, it's probably a reasonable idea too) Easier shipping too. Last time I visited, Levytukku in Helsinki had VWH, FP, VSBL and DBK plus lots of Prestige RG's and even some J-Customs.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemB
Hmmm, I didn't know about Percy Priors and I live between Windsor and High Wycombe. Checked out their web page and I realize that I may be very poor around x-mas if I go there. RG-Gold.... ooooohhh....
Sorry Man the RG-GOLD won't be there if you go, she's on the way to my house this weekend, I traded-in over the phone on Tuesday!!!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Denmark Street is the place.
Go to Rockers and Rose-Morris.
Man I hate that dude.
The thing is that even when I do my best to talk to other people about anything, they still call him straight away.
What's the point of having 3 people there if any time anybody want anything he gets called straight away.
Did I say that I hate that guy?

Anyone know the guys name?
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 08:13 AM

No, because its so unfriendly there that you don't fell like being at home, so you cannot know the seller names... So bad because they have some beautiful guitars there...
May be they were not in a good mood the days I went there! Or I'm not a good customer (no, it can't be that!!! ).
See ya!
JS
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezNorthwest
Sorry Man the RG-GOLD won't be there if you go, she's on the way to my house this weekend, I traded-in over the phone on Tuesday!!!
That makes it a lot safer for me. I was afraid my sisters kids was going to be without presents this x-mas.

At £800 I think you made a great buy. Congrats and post a small report in the jcustom area when you got it, ok?
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:10 AM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardoUK
Anyone know the guys name?
I don't.
And I do try and be friendly.......start a conversation about guitars.....anything.......
Still he does his best to look and act totally indifferent.
My favorite thing is when he is tied up with someone and I ask one of the other dudes (they are still not as friendly as they could/should be) for a price or something and they have to call him.
Seems to me that they should have a price list and have it somewhere where everybody can have a look and tell me the price of a UV7 ot 7VSBL.
Anyway, there is a german guy that runs the soho soundhouse place and he is super nice and fully compensates for that dude.
Too bad they don't sell Ibanez.

A few months ago I went to this tiny place called Thatcham.
It's close to Newbery(sp?) and Reading.
There is a guitar place there called "Picks & Strings" and the guy that runs it is the greatest guy ever. Last time I was there he had a FP, 90HAM and a 7VWH hanging on the wall and the 90HAM was going for £1100.
Check it out if you are in the area.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Anyway, there is a german guy that runs the soho soundhouse place and he is super nice and fully compensates for that dude.
Too bad they don't sell Ibanez.
I don't know this particular guy but there is another guy in that shop who kinda grates me. I've asked for quotes on Parkers and Wolfgangs from Soho Soundhouse. He promised to get in touch with me but never bothered to get me prices in spite of numerous phone calls to chase things up. If you can't be arsed then just tell me!!

Anyway back on topic: You may also want to try Guitar Slinger in Berkhamsted. It's a small town just outside of the M25. Nothing really to see in the town itself. It's full of Company Directors and not much else. The shop does have a nice range of Ibanez in stock tho. The owner(Simon) is also a super nice chap. He will get you a price on the same day if it isn't in stock. He used to play a Jem too!!

Tags
beautiful guitar , guitar shop , guitar tech , jennifer batten , monkey grip , trs bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode