Jems in London - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Jems in London

Does anyone have any experience of buying a Jem or high-end RG in London? I'm travelling over to buy one in September and I was wondering where would be the best place to go. I'm guessing I'd be spending most of the day in and around Denmark Street.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Jems in London

If soho soundhouse is still trading go there. i got my first decent guitar from there even though i had to travel down from birmingham. try yell.com to get a phone number and local map.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM

Its now called turnkey i think, on charing cross road. Currently has 2 7vwh's, a BRMR, a UV, and i'm not sure which RG's. Doesn't seem that many about wherever you go these days.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 02:54 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
Its now called turnkey i think, on charing cross road. Currently has 2 7vwh's, a BRMR, a UV, and i'm not sure which RG's. Doesn't seem that many about wherever you go these days.
that's true. on my last few visits to my local guitar shops i've noticed a lack of 'floyd rose' guitars as i call them. does it indicate a down fall in the market or is it just that they are all going to america and the uk get the back end of each years production run?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

I e-mailed Soho soundhouse and they said they have Jems and some J-Customs, so I'll definitly check them out when I go.

Thanks for the info guys
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:34 PM

Virgin Megastore,Tottenham Court Rd (outside station) does guitars too these days, in the basement level. Not much choice but worth a look! They have some Ibanez.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
Virgin Megastore,Tottenham Court Rd (outside station) does guitars too these days, in the basement level. Not much choice but worth a look! They have some Ibanez.
Really? I can't imagine guitars from a Virgin Megastore to be set up very well. But hey they might be decent enough..I'll check it out, cheers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Banned

Beware, the prices in Denmark St are rather high....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 03:55 PM

when you go- if you intend to buy... take a large wad of cash with you
holding the folding = bargaining power

Tags
floyd rose , guitar shop , local guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode