Jems No More - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Jems No More

Dunno how many remember my Natural Jem-a-like and my Blue Jem-a-like,But both arein piece's,I had a silly idea and now have to go forth and change em about a little.
The Natural is gonna be a Ceder stain,so not much of a change,But it looks kinda wicked with the purple chrome guard.But i may have to invest in a set of black PafPros

The Blue is currently being stripped,And i'm undecided on a finish,I have a few ideas and wonder what y'all think...

1) Leave finish ruff and bobbly,spray lumpy sh*t on it and finish in silver,kinda like the finish on DBK's and HAM's sort of

2) Continue to strip wildly,seal body,dip in a fudging great tank of water with paint floating on top (green and black paint)

3) strip,sand,seal,finish back and sides,then get some nice quilted maple,for a fire red transparent quilted top

I do have pics of the Jems before destruction commenced,but cannot find somewhere to host and link to,so if anyone would be so kind as to host em i'll fire off pics :-)

Cheers Guys

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Pics of the jems

Enjoy and comments welcome,will post pics of both when they are re-assembled and finished

Rob
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 07:35 AM

I like the natrual one because it is worn all over....it kinda gives it a retro oldy looking finish.

I love the wear patterns on the maple board!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 AM

photographing the blue one could have been dangerous with that scratch plate...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Heh,it's tricky too get the angles right,but she dont look likt that no more :-( plate is now on the ceder jem

will post pics as and when i do some more,i'm now off to carve some more Eggle top

Rob
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 07:59 PM

Cool man. Where did you find JEM pickguards at?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

lo dude,the black guard and pups electrics and switch tip are straight off a PBK and are genuine JEM fitment,the purple guard is off a 550 ex/dx/somethingx lol i got them both off e*ay the PBK cost £90 (which seemed good considering i paid that for my chrome evo's) and the Purple one was (if i recall rightly) 30 euros from Germany inc. shipping which is about $35 the PBK would be roughly $145

Gonna be listing a whole load of stuff coz i need the cash for a badly beat up 7RB that i have found for £*** low LOW price

Keeps those peepers peeled :-)

Regards

Rob
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
Gonna be listing a whole load of stuff coz i need the cash for a badly beat up 7RB that i have found for £*** low LOW price
you found a cheap RB? damn, man! nice work! :-)

--c.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Bout time too huh ! yeah,it's kinda beat up,and in need of new pickups and trem,but it's cheap,very cheap,like under £4xx cheap but as always i am still outta work and have to try and scrabble the cash together,i'm currently awaiting another feckin operation on my knee,looking more and more like an underground map and this is the last chance before i'm left as is

regards

Rob
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 09:02 PM

To this day I'm kicking myself over not being able to convince my dad to buy me the $1200 ($780US) near-mint PBK that was hanging in the music store the year he bought my my RG. But I played all the Ibanezezes in the store to find one that felt most like the Jem.

Your natural Jem-a-like looks great. It'd probably look even better with a light toasting...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
Your natural Jem-a-like looks great. It'd probably look even better with a light toasting...

heh... I might know a thing or two about that... ;-)

though you don't need actual fire to make good burnage. you could do what they did with the BSBs and what a friend of mine has been doing to his old 550 - just go at it with a paint-stripping heat gun.

he was doing it to get the paint off, but it scorched the wood in the process, and now it looks ultra cool. :-D

cheers,
--c.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

You,and fire,With that Hair...You are clearly mad ,Althou i must admit everytime i have a bbq i think of an innocent DY getting toasted

Just to update,Natural/ceder finish is now becoming a comicbook jem :-) ,and ole bluey will become the new ceder (possibly burnt ala BSB) kinda a ceder BSB ?

Rob

p.s. if anyone wants a comic finish let me know :-) I love doing it,it's just a frickin nightmare getting it done right

Tags
music store , quilted maple , scratch plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode