"Jems in Paradise" - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 12:18 PM

Re: "Jems in Paradise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
I agree totally - I think the VSBL with the BFP neck would look outstanding...plus I LOVE maple Actually, I didnt use any seeds. I dug all the trees out from some land I have when they were smaller and brought um back to the house and transplanted them.....works pretty good and beats the hell out of paying rediculous prices for trees at a nursery. Trees aint cheap at all. It is kinda a pain though and some times the tree doesnt make it But I've had pretty good luck....only lost one out of all so far. Hee hee.....Tom's going to wish he'd never metioned the HAT thing
i was actually joking about the seeds. i was being goofy about "jem" seeds
if only...
the FP does have a nice garden look to it with the green vine and the BFP and VSBL are interesting "garden variety" guitars with their blue vines.
i liked the pic where it seemed like a meditation alter with the Jems. a ice place to be at one with your jems.
i live in a townhouse a few blocks from the University of Florida (Go Gators!) so a quiet place to "be" isn't an easy quest without driving out of town for it.
you should definitely appreciate the space you have - i'd love to have it myself.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69
i was actually joking about the seeds. i was being goofy about "jem" seeds
if only...
the FP does have a nice garden look to it with the green vine and the BFP and VSBL are interesting "garden variety" guitars with their blue vines.
i liked the pic where it seemed like a meditation alter with the Jems. a ice place to be at one with your jems.
i live in a townhouse a few blocks from the University of Florida (Go Gators!) so a quiet place to "be" isn't an easy quest without driving out of town for it.
you should definitely appreciate the space you have - i'd love to have it myself.
Lol.....maybe I could a market a new product "Jem Seeds" - You could be my PR guy It IS a meditation alter (I'm weird like that And trust me, I very much appeciate the space. I live in CO where there is a lot of space (although its' quickly becomeing less and less) I could NEVER live in a big city. NO concrete jungles for this lad. I'll post the before after shots a bit later.
post #48 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Lol...I'm not trying to make anyone jeaolous...really.

Now you know thats a damn lie.
post #49 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gilroy
Now you know thats a damn lie.
That is no one EXCEPT Tom

Just for that....here comes more Hats
post #50 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Smile "Jem Garden" Before and After

Okay - as promised here are the before and after shots. After shots followed by before shots: Before shots are from 1997. Some of the tree's had just been planted earlier that year.

Screamndemon69's Meditation Alter / My drummer and I - Hat for Tom
Yes - it is the same place
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...S/jip30002.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ack-shrine.jpg

The "get of the grass bench" - in this case "get off the weeds"
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...S/jip60007.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../back-hill.jpg

"Jemhenge" - don't be bothered with the dork flexing. Sorry, its the only pic I have of "Early Jemhenge", lol. - again, hat for Tom
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...k-jemhenge.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...S/jip70004.jpg

Self explainatory -
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../back-east.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...S/jip50010.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...S/jip50013.jpg

Sorry - I have way too much time on my hands today
post #51 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Suspension: Multiple Users

"Jemhenge" must be a bitch to mow and weedeat around.
post #52 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlame
"Jemhenge" must be a bitch to mow and weedeat around.
Shhhhh - a little secret I just lift the stones up real quick and mow, then put them back into place. So, no.....not that bad. Hey Phlame - your name is going to stick. It will forevermore be called "Jemhenge"
post #53 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Cool.....so your computer is outside I know all about the WAITING for them to grow thing, trust me Oh and I didn't have my Jems until about 6 years after I had planted....so...maybe in 6 years....you'll have MORE Jems than me
Oops hehehe nope my room is facing my backyard and my computer is facing towards my backyard. Whenever I want to get out to the backyard I just climb out of the window Sorry to get you confused Anyway thanks for the pic.... I can see it's lot of work. But I'm lucky cos my dad have done most of the worst part... I just supplement it with plants, trees and flowers
post #54 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 04:38 AM

That's an awesome collection!
I always loved taking pictures of my guitars outside...must be something with the wood.

Here's some of my collection over the years...many are pre digital, so bear with.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b385/J...t=File0077.jpg
post #55 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 05:00 AM

Reviews: 34

Lovely Jems. Lovely garden too. I like the spirals, are those Taxus?

But why no pyramid guitars. I like the vines, but I would love to have pyramids as well.

Oh, and yeah you have too many florals. :hypno mode: send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP.::

Hope that works.

Regards Nick
post #56 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe
Lovely Jems. Lovely garden too. I like the spirals, are those Taxus?

But why no pyramid guitars. I like the vines, but I would love to have pyramids as well.

Oh, and yeah you have too many florals. :hypno mode: send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP. send nick your BFP.::

Hope that works.

Regards Nick
:hypno mode: gimmie your address nick. gimmie your address nick. gimmie your address nick.:: Thanks, lol. Well, I'm kinda looking for a PMC (Pyramids) But I have to say I am a fan of the tree of life vine. Pyramids are cool though. Vines have more of the garden look to them. I'm actually not sure what the spirals are called, but I saw um and had to have um. gimmie your address nick
post #57 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore
That's an awesome collection!
I always loved taking pictures of my guitars outside...must be something with the wood.

Here's some of my collection over the years...many are pre digital, so bear with.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b385/J...t=File0077.jpg

Holy You've put me to shame Dont let nick see the the awesone pyramids or your be givin him your address Oooooooo....is that a GMC is see in there????? Dude, I'd kill for one of those. (wanna sell it I always though the 7vwh was an angelic instrument. Looks great with the angel, but I dont know how good of swimmers they are Hmmmm....that pic of the VSBL was takin on my B-day........ewwweeeeeuuuuuuu! Sweet collection and nice pics man

GMC GMC GMC!!!!!
post #58 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
Oops hehehe nope my room is facing my backyard and my computer is facing towards my backyard. Whenever I want to get out to the backyard I just climb out of the window Sorry to get you confused Anyway thanks for the pic.... I can see it's lot of work. But I'm lucky cos my dad have done most of the worst part... I just supplement it with plants, trees and flowers
Lol....sooner you get those trees in the better
post #59 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM

Quote:
That is no one EXCEPT Tom

Just for that....here comes more Hats
Damn it dude you have sooo many hats. Any way, nice work with the garden, real transformation. Pretty impressive.
post #60 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gilroy
Damn it dude you have sooo many hats. Any way, nice work with the garden, real transformation. Pretty impressive.
Lol....thanks Tom

Tags
bfp neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode