Jems/UV that Ibanez should release - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Jems/UV that Ibanez should release

I think that Im not the only one that believes the Ibanez Jem series has been loosing its flash over the years.

In my opinion the last additions to the family that had something interesting visually or sonically were the 7BSB (1996) and the 7DBK (1999) with the exception of the anniversary models ('96 10th-'98 90th-'00 2kDNA) and, of course, the '98 777PBK UV. At least, those two models were used for promotion by Steve at the Fire Garden and UltraZone tours.

The last additions to the series 77BRMR-77VBK-77FP2-20th ann-Indo 70SFG-and the fixed bridge one (can't remember the model name) doesn't appeal to me as the whole pre '00 models. I do believe that the relic models is a good way to maintain the serie without producing no-sense models year after year.

I have been thinking about some models that Ibanez should release that we all would like to own and doesn't are mere reissues of old models:

1_ 77FP with pyramid inlays that Steve used during the DLR era; it can't be exactly relic'd because Steve gave away the guitar, but we all would buy a FP body with a rosewood neck with pyramids, doesn't we?
2_ The Natural Ash Bad Horsie; it would add an Ash body to the family and a nice looking Jem with emotional history that it is not plain black/mirror. Steve's sweat doesn't need to be included.
3_ Neville, although it now is in a private collection. A nice relic of the Fire Garden era.
4_ The triple neck Jem! It would be an expensive limited S&R commemoration!
5_ 777LNG, but not a mere reissue, the one with the fluorescent green vine inlay Steve used on the DLR era.
6_ Bruno, aka The For The Love of God UV; it would be a nice addition now Steve is using it a lot on his new record and tour. It is hard to replicate, but the pattern doesn't need to be exact.
7_ The Mirror Ball UV used on the Slip Of The Tongue solo spot.
8_ Flo: Baswood and sustainer with AANJ; It is a great guitar to be relic'd, doesn't it? Also it would fit nice to the family without the relic, but maybe, fernandes or ibanez doesn't want to add the sustainer due to legal issues.
9_Bo/Mojo: i do like the BRMR but without the edge-pro and with the sustainer, because is the way conceived it.

...and so on, there are lots of guitars for sure that would fit better the Jem family that those new unflavored models that Ibanez is releasing nowadays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: Jems/UV that Ibanez should release

Quote:
Originally Posted by vy100 View Post
I think that Im not the only one that believes the Ibanez Jem series has been loosing its flash over the years.
I agree wholeheartedly...unfortunately they are also getting too expensive to buy new.

I wish they would re-release the the JEM77FP and the JEM77 GMC - those are my fave Jems, and with the original Jem neck dimensions not the new overly wide necks that they seem to putting on all of the new high RG's and Jems - the new necks are nice and thin but they are too wide!

The latest release - the sea foam blue model - is certainly nothing to get excited about - that was disappointing - I didn't like the FP2 either...no disrespect to anyone who shelled out the hard earned $ to buy these guitars, they just weren't to my liking. I do really like my 7vwh but I would like to see some cool new swirls added to the lineup - more swirls please!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 PM

Reviews: 11

I'd never buy a new Jem. I can't remember the last ngd on a legit brand new Jem, minus the 70v
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Vendor

Maybe you missed khaas ngd on his FP2 yesterday?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 PM

That'd be why I can't remember it rich haha touchet
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 PM

BTW have you been getting spam mail from a dude named Rez?? I get multiple every day...and I noticed some send to you also
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Vendor

Parviz, and at least 50 others, typical email hack spam.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM

How do u get it to stop
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Vendor

When you find out let me know.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 PM

I would love a JEM with a 9.5in radius, no monkey grip/lions claw, 22frets, rounded body, HSH with special switching, and no vine inlay.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Vendor

So you want a JS?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
So you want a JS?
No, I have one of them. This would be so much easier if Ibanez would have a custom shop.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 AM

I too would love to see Steve and Ibanez release something other than black or white Jems. I know his tastes for the flamboyant colour schemes have calmed down in his latter years but that doesn't mean his fans have. I'd love to see any of the old Jems make a resurgence.

I got a 7VWh, not because I loved the 7VWh but rather because there was only that and the black one to choose from a few years back. I do love it but I prefer the whacky colour combo's of old.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3

What do you think about the Jem Thomas McRollin uses on the The Audience is Listening video? Jem with swirl, maple, pyramids and 80's vibe.

Tags
ibanez , jem , relic , steve vai , universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode