Is Joe Going Back To Marshall Again? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Is Joe Going Back To Marshall Again?

Sorry for being off topic but I was totally surprised after reading this news. Can someone explain to me if he is still an Peavey endorsee?

http://www.marshallamps.com/resource...urces_news.asp

Marshall Amplification plc is pleased to announce that Joe Satriani will be using a Marshall backline for new group Chickenfoot. The super group, made up of four rock legends, started the European leg of their world tour on June 20th and will be heading back over to the States in August to continue .

Joe contacted Marshall Amplification prior to the first show at the Nova Rock Festival in Austria in order to check out some new Marshall gear. Marshall took some amps to the rehearsals, and Joe loved the tone of the JVM410H. The man himself had this to say, "I'm just looking to achieve the best guitar sound every moment I'm plugged in and that brought me back to Marshall Amps."

Joe used the JVM410H for the show at the Nova Rock Festival and will be visiting the Marshall factory this week to have a look around and try out different speaker cabinets.

Chickenfoot recently released their debut album and has taken the States by storm, going in at number 4 on the Billboard Album charts. For more information on Chickenfoot, check out www.chickenfoot.us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM

Re: Is Joe Going Back To Marshall Again?

My guess is, is that Marshall offered joe a ton more money to use their amps for the Chickenfoot tour. Tone didn't take him back to Marshall, a fat paycheck did. Which is fine with me, I would do it in a heartbeat. Of course, a lot of guitarist use a brand that is paying them money as a prop on stage, but he may still be using his Peavey's backstage. This may only be a endoresment deal for the Chickenfoot tour only.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc1975 View Post
My guess is, is that Marshall offered joe a ton more money to use their amps for the Chickenfoot tour. Tone didn't take him back to Marshall, a fat paycheck did.
Hardly, seeing as how Marshall does not pay people to use their amps. It is well known that the only two artist to ever get any free amps from Marshall have been Zakk and Slash.

I don't know or care about the details of Joe using Marshalls, but he ain't getting paid to use them.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Reviews: 59

There's a lot more on this in the Gear threads section. Check there for all the latest speculation...
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:48 AM

Reviews: 18

Does anyone really give 2 schitz if Joe uses a Marshall? he did for years and his playing was good then and it's still good now with the JSX's. Bottom line, if he plays a Marshall onstage, so what? He has for years even after the Peavey endorsement either live or in the studio and no one gave 2 rats about it then, so why now? Because he's in chickenfoot?

Jimmy
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 PM

I think he might have just been after a more commercial rock tone for the Chickenfoot tour.....
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Hardly, seeing as how Marshall does not pay people to use their amps. It is well known that the only two artist to ever get any free amps from Marshall have been Zakk and Slash.
And Lemmy

I also heard he is only using the Marshall speaker cabinets and not the actual amps.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 PM

I am sure there are some other "behind the door" deals going on at Marshall, but they do make a big deal out of not "paying" anyone to endorse the product.

I was told once from someone who "worked" at Marshall that Zakk got a piece of every amp sold with his name on it, but still only received a limited number of "free" amps. Supposedly the same for Slash.

Even Paul said he bought all his Marshalls.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
And Lemmy

I also heard he is only using the Marshall speaker cabinets and not the actual amps.
No he is going to use JVM heads too.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
I am sure there are some other "behind the door" deals going on at Marshall, but they do make a big deal out of not "paying" anyone to endorse the product.

I was told once from someone who "worked" at Marshall that Zakk got a piece of every amp sold with his name on it, but still only received a limited number of "free" amps. Supposedly the same for Slash.

Even Paul said he bought all his Marshalls.
The story was that Slash went to them to do an exact replica of his favorite amp, cause he was afraid to keep touring with it. They saw the $$ oportunity in it and said "hey, what if we do these, put your name on them, give you some and sell the rest" and he was ok with it.

Zakk's story was similar...

"Behind the door" stuff aside, its only logical that the only people who get money are those whose name is actually ON the amps...
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM

Well the Slash amp is just a Jubilee with Slash's name on it. I read Slash asked Jim Marshall about getting another Jubilee and that is how the amp was "born".

Point being is Joe Satriani is not receiving large sums of money (or any) to pimp Marshall amps.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 01:25 PM

Reviews: 13

Why not, we ask Joe himself to answer all those speculation.
Well Joe whats the deal?
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 AM

I use Marshall amps and there not the best, not the cheapest, not the most reliable BUT they do do a very good job and I love my TLS, even if I have had to revalve it 4 times in 8 years!

Lets face it, Marshall will make any tweeks and changes JS asks them to. It's unlikely to be a stock model off the shelf!
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuxton View Post
I use Marshall amps and there not the best, not the cheapest, not the most reliable BUT they do do a very good job and I love my TLS, even if I have had to revalve it 4 times in 8 years!

Lets face it, Marshall will make any tweeks and changes JS asks them to. It's unlikely to be a stock model off the shelf!
Been using the Marshall 9100 power amps for more 15 years, so far so good and still maintaning its sounding. Ofcourse it needs to be retube, infact any tube amp in this world need to retube if the life expires.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 PM

http://www.woodytone.com/2009/07/17/...fferently-now/

I guess he'll just swap out the guts and call it a day after all.

Tags
jsx , marshall , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode