Joined the family... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Joined the family...

Hey guys, today I joined the jem family. I got a 2004 Vwh. Shes a beauty I love her. She screams and is something to behold. After being a browser for ALONG time and finally joining what seems like a long time ago I got the money for her!

But theres a problem, the neck is bent, when I say bent I dont mean its bent beyond reason theres no fretbuzz or anything like that she just sits like this \. Not that bad of course its noticeable just, Im wondering will the tech be able to fix her, it makes me sad thinking that ill have to get my money back because she is so speical and so nice to play! I mean shes only 4 years old shorely they will be able to fix her.... right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 AM

Re: Joined the family...

Sounds like it should be no problem. Nothing a good set-up and if necessary, a neck shim, won't cure. Congrats...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much, its been makeing me feel like crap, ive saved heaps im very young and am happy to finally hold it in my hands. She wailed tonight at her first performance, I named her Elkid :P I know how much of a fan he is xD

Last edited by ibz_SA; 06-26-2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Van? xD
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Well, if you're gigging her, then it is most definitely an easy fix, sound like it's just a little off. A good tech will set her right up proper, but you really should learn how to do it yourself...
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Yeah she got a 3 min stint why'l we played a 12 bar blues, the neck is bent... But me and the previous owner came to a good agreement, there is a stress fracture at the neck joint, if its just the neck and its unfixable I will just ask for $300 back and get Ernie from etguitars to make me a new one if his not to busy.

Tags
neck shim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode