Joining YOU now with 2kDNA - I'm entering the ranks with my - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Joining YOU now with 2kDNA - I'm entering the ranks with my

Howdy all,

Thankyou heaps to all that answered for your "advice on price" in my last topic.

Today at 2:45pm I put the deposit down for the last new JEM 2KDNA in Australia.

This will be my first jem. I've wanted a jem for many, many years now.

I will be picking it up next week as soon as the courier delivers it to the shop (left specific instruction to my guitar dude at the shop to not let *anyone* touch it!! lol).

So here I am...excited (overly) as I wait with baited breath for my baby to arrive. :biggrin:
I am *so* excited!!!!!

I can't wait to see the swirl on her!!!!
please help me. I'm going crazy now!!!! * :biggrin:

LOL!

yay, yay :mc: :silly: :thumbsup: :loco:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 04:36 AM

Joining YOU now with 2kDNA

Hey Wilch!

Congrats on an awesome axe! *:thumbsup:

Just a teeny weeny bit jealous! *

Mikey

PS *Make sure you post some pictures when she arrives.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:58 AM

Big congrats on your DNA!! :thumbsup:

Make sure you enter it into the dna registry as soon as you know the #.

Pics please!
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 06:03 AM

g'day mate

congrats!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the congrats guys.

hehehe..it's 12:30am (late at night) over here and I still can't get to sleep.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I got this guitar for an amazing price!!! Try $1000 Australian more than what I said in my other thread for the new VWH!

Here's hoping she's a nice swirl, and a good player (set up well/decent). *

I can't believe I've been frequenting this website and board for just over 4 years now (i think). And now I am finally getting my first Jem.

Way back when I first came across this site I remember emailing Glen and asking him if he could recommend a jem that I should buy (lol) *:biggrin:

Then I met all the crazy ppl on here that have multiple jems! :silly:
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 12:26 PM

Wow congrats man a very nice guitar to start with a nice jem to start with too! Right at the top! woohoo!

Enjoy and welcome to the brotherhood!

Chris.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 01:29 PM

As Chris said, you're start on top man
Congrats.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:53 PM
Vendor

Congrats dude, I hope you can't keep your hands, or eyes off of it!! :biggrin:
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 03:10 PM

Congrats man!
Do not only stare at it, play it,its a great player!
Wolfgang
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

I'VE GOT IT! I'VE GOT IT!!

I picked up my new DNA, my first jem, my new baby today!!!!

She's sooo beautiful. I love it. This is the first swirl I've seen in real life. In a word ---- *wow!

The presentation, impecable. From the flight case, to the felt bag, to the certificate, to the guitar......I'm lost for words.

My DNA's number is 285/300. Lot's of swirly goodness. She's got quite a bit of neon pink, blood red, and neon yellow. As soon as I get around to taking pics (too busy playing her now) I will post some.

Damn! Wow! I can't believe how well she plays. And straight out of the box too! All that was needed was a little action lowering (no truss adjustment necessary) and I was shredding away! *hehehe

I love the neck on this one. It's definantly thicker than my RG570's neck. It feels different. + I love the frets! They're awesome, silky smooth to play on. Slide to your hearts content without bruising yer fingers.

I'm impressed. I like this more than my friends FP.

The breeds are awesome too. Better than the paf pro's in my opinion, but I haven't tried evolutions yet. You hold a note, it sustains, then sings into a harmonic... beautiful.

My guitar also came with a little inspection tag thingy saying that the neck, electronics, etc. had been inspected and passed.

The rosewood board is far better than my RG's board.

What can I say...I am overwhelmed. I need to get back to playing her. She's awesome.

Thankyou all. Thankyou for all the advice and info you have all given me.

wow.....

(Edited by wilch at 9:38 am on July 25, 2001)
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Holy s#!T

Just checked the 2k dna gallery at Darren's site. There's a pic of my guitar there!!!!!

But in that pic it looks really pink... I tells ya, it ain't *that* pink! it's a lot darker in real life, and one of the prettiest I've seen!
It's No: 285

Anyways, gotta get back to playing

:biggrin:
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 08:42 AM

ripper mate!

I'll drink a few stubbies to that geeetar!
:biggrin:
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 12:56 PM

Hey wilch,
from a fellow DNA owner on the other side of the world. im the proud owner of DNA No.268.
you can see her at my site www.ibanezregister.com
send me some pics and i'll put her on the site along with some other fellow owners. i posted my details to darren at atd, but they haven't appeared yet. 2 weeks
how do you find her?
i took some time getting the set up i like, but now she flys.

do your self a favour.... get a black light tube on it. its un smegging believable, glows even more then my 777SK pinky.

good luck man
later
:mc:
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Wilch - You've posted your DNA as 2 different numbers, so I've put both links on here. Whichever of those two you've got *(I presume 285 as 235 is shown as belonging to Shawn Lake) you've got a beauty
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

oops!

thanks for pointing that out jono.

typo on my part. It's 285. The second post is the correct one. I will edit the incorrect post.

Thanks again.

I'll see if I can borrow a digital camera from work (don't have enough money to buy one anymore. lol) and take some piccies, cause the pic on darren's site doesn't do 285 justice.
:mc:

Hey Jerry, that's a nice one you've got there. Not as "pink" as mine (lol). I was really worried when I went to pick my dna up. I didn't know what number it was, and i was worried I was going to get a swirl that I wasn't happy with, but I'm glad I got 285, she's a pretty guitar, and plays like nothing I've ever played before.

Setup wise all that mine needed was the action to be lowered, was sitting a bit high for my liking. So I dropped the action, and surprisingly I didn't have to adjust the truss rod. There was no buzzing!

Playability...well. What can I say, smooth as silk and fast. Crazy fast. I haven't played a VWH so I can't compare it to that, but i have played an FP, own an RG570, and played a U.S. telecaster. The other guitar's don't compare.

One thing that I found strange was that the DNA is listed as having a wizard neck, I found that the DNA's neck is not as thin as my RG's. It's a closer profile to my mate's FP. Not as thick as the FP's neck, but still noticeably thicker than my RG's neck.

Also, while looking *deep* into the paint :mc: I noticed "drip" marks, slight imperfections, kinda like water drip marks. Are these normal? Are they what are called "nebula" by our friend Rich? (hehehe...rich---nebula). <jk>

Sound....unbelievable. Did I mention in my other post that if you hold a note and perform some of what I call "vai sexual vibrato", the note sings, sustains, fades, then sings into a harmonic...

Absolutely wonderful. I've always wanted a guitar that did that!

Anyway, better stop typing. I want to play some more anyhow.

Oh yeah, mine's a player. But it ain't leaving the house!!!

(Edited by wilch at 10:10 am on July 25, 2001)

Tags
atd swirl , atd swirls , fire garden , paf pro , rosewood board , steve vai , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode