Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JS1 92/93 wiring diagram

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hollis_20 
#1 ·
Hi,does anybody out there where to get a wiring diagram for a JS1 92/93,the one with 3 pick ups.There are plenty of diagrams out there for the other twin pick up models but I can not find any for the 3 pick up models.
A link would be nice if anyone knows of one.

Thanks Jason.

#3 · (Edited)
iirc, stock wiring on these was just a HSH Jem wiring with the middle "single coil" being wired in humbucking mode (black+white soldered together and taped off) and the High pass capacitor being included into the circuit via the switch of the tone knob.
As opposed to the HH models, there was only 1 push/pull switch (tone knob) on these and no additional coil cutting switch; wrong info in the catalogues.

Just start with the vwh diagram from ibanez.com, I could draw up a quick diagram of the additional wiring if you want.

ps. oh, and which color does yours have?

#4 ·
Hi,

Sorry to drag up an old thread,

Can you draw the diagram for the push pull tone? I'm confused if this meant to function as a treble bleed (usually on the volume pot) or simply just to switch between two capacitor values on the tone control (like a bright/muddy switch)

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.