OK let's be realistic guys !
Sure the JS1000 is better. No question. Sure the Lo TRS II is badder then the low Pro Edge. But consider what I did for my first guitar years ago :
1. Got a JS100 new, way cheaper then a 1000 and managed even to get it cheaper then an RG550.
2. OK, one thing IS true, the stock pickups on this guitar suck REALLY too much. So I swapped them for Seymour Duncans Pearly Gates on the Neck and TB6 on the Bridge.
3. had it setup completely and nicley by a pro.
1. The sound is amazing with the new pickups ! Really. Plus the coil tap that lets you split the hum¨buckers, yummy with those SD in there, It is really and definitely an amazingly good sounding guitar now.
2. It DOESN'T get out of tune if you have the TRS II set up really profesionnally by a luthier. I can dive bomb, loosen all the strings, get back, not out of tune. BUT I dmit that for severe whammy abuse (Vai stuff) the TRSII kinda sucks because it is too stif, the Lo Pro Edge I have on my moded RG is way better. BUT again, if you don't consider yourself a serious whammy wanker, and how many out there are really using the whammys to their full extent, consider the JS100, with the new pikups and good setup it's definitely a good place to start for. And the translucend red, is just a marveilous colour for me !
So please, guys, I undersaynd ALL of the weaknesses of this Korean models (etc ...) I have myself an RG with Evos and Low Pro, played JEMS etc ... I know the stuff. But in my opinion, posts like "don't get it" don't help the initial poster really much .... post "argumented" (you don't say that in english, heh ? just wondering) replies, guys, no offence intended.
OK, the biggest issue people gonna flame me about is the price. I can hear all of you screaming "he you'd be better of for the same price with an S or an RG550 and mod it". Here I must disagree !
That depends on the country you're in, that depends on what special offers some stores make from time to time, so must check it out first. As I said I got my JS100 new under the price of a RG550 and the additional cost of pickups, I also had when I modded my RG ... And how many guitars in that price range have the Humbucker split features, which IS really nice.
OK, I don't wan tto sound pissed off or anything at people flaming the JS100, people shall buy what the want and be happy, but I think should use more "discernments" when advising other people. Me too, I am not telling people the JS100 is the best guitar, I don't force them to buy one, I just wanted to make some information available to the initial poster.
Anyway gotta go back and mod my RG some more (thinkng about a new colour, and a cheap place to do that in Paris, France ... hmmmm).
Cheers evrybody, and happy new year (kinda late, sorry)