JS100/600 neck pocket - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

JS100/600 neck pocket

I'm putting together a guitar from parts I have bought off ****. At the moment I have a JS600 body and a JS100 neck. The problem I have is that the neck sits too high, so the strings touch about fret 15-16. I assume the safest way to fix this is to rout away 1-2mm from the bottom of the neck pocket? How far is the extended bit of the fretboard past fret 22 meant to be from the bottom of the fretboard to the top of the body? At the moment it's 3mm. Heres a pic:

Also, are the holes in the body to screw on the neck meant to be threaded or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 AM

Re: JS100/600 neck pocket

1 mm is plenty for that gap so you could deepen the bottom of the cavity by 2 mm. Unfortunately, you risk chips around the heel joint as the paint may flake or chip while you route. Use a carbide tip router bit and go slow around the edge. Stemac.com sells router bits with a bearing collar which would work very well for this. I have used it for routing for Edge bridges(upgrading Lo-TRS junk) and for adding a middle single to a guitar that only had 2 humbuckers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode