JS100 Broken neck... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

JS100 Broken neck...

Hi guys! I badly need help... i accidentally drop my js100 guitar a week ago and it broke the neck from the head i tried to seek help to repair it but they told me it is unrepairable... any of you guys know where can i acquire a second hand js100 neck? tried on ebay but was'nt able to find it... or any suggestion on how to replace it with other ibanez neck models... thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 06:57 AM

Re: JS100 Broken neck...

Do you have a photo? If it is really not repairable as they say, you may have to keep looking at the auction site. i know there's a seller in US that sells them from time to time, but I don't know if they ship internationally.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 02:18 PM

About 20 years ago, I stepped on my guitar neck by the nut and broke it just about clean through by accident.. (don't leave your guitars on the floor and get home late at night.. bad things happen lol)... So for 20 years it was 2 pieces.. headstock and neck.. fastforward to a few months ago, my buddy who is quite handy and great at working on guitars used some titebond and some clamps and boom good as new!! I would say as long as fretboard is not cracked you got a good chance. It is my main guitar for gigs, and practice and has already withstood winter and summer, cold transports and hot humid practices in a basement. I'm sure I have pics of the repair. As long as the neck and headstock can "join" sight unseen I think it can be fixed, even if some small shards are missing, they can be filled as well. To me it's more of a wood working job than a guitar tech job. But with under $10 at the hardware store you can get the right glue(I can find out what my buddy used) and some patience as the clamps do their thing you could be alright!!! Let me know if I can help!! Maybe my bud could even fix it for ya....
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 02:34 PM

Im having trouble uploading the image of the repair... SO I posted a tweet on twitter with 2 pics, back and front... my twitter is @Ibrknthanez you shouldn't need a account, just google it and it should come up, I don't tweet a lot so those pics should be easy to find
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Hi KissTheApex and Ibrknthanez! thanks for the prompt response... i was'nt able to take pictures but it actually broke at the same spot as that of Ibrknthanez's guitar. Looking at your pictures on twitter gave me hope... thanks!
A friend of mine knows someone that repairs guitars so i went there and ask to repair it though he gave me no guarantee that it will hold, i asked him to do it... thanks Ibrknthanez for offering a hand... really appreciate it!!! Thanks KissTheApex will still keep on looking at auction sites for a replacement though... if the price is right... Thanks guys! God bless!!! will upload pictures when it is finished... thanks!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 05:47 PM

Im super glad that gave you some hope!!! I spoke to my friend for some updated details...heres what he said...Regular original titebond wood glue is what was used to repair..my friend said that is what you wanna use. He used large ratchet ties.through the holes of the nut holes and holes that he took off the tuners to use. that was how he clamped it..he let it sit like that for two days,and then let it sit another 2 days after taking the clamps off.I'm super happy with mine...wouldn't replace it...not as pretty as it was...but works great!!! The neck had a lot of sentimental value to the neck....so happy it works again!!! Best of luck!!!

Tags
js100 , js100 neck setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode