JS100 Trem Replacement Suggestions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb JS100 Trem Replacement Suggestions

Hey All Out There @ Jemsite Checking this Out!

Heres my deal...I have a 2000 JS100 and I want to replace the Lo-TRS Trem II cause it sucks. I read some old Ibanez manuals and I saw the TRS 101, and the Lo-TRS (the good one) and I need some suggestions on which I should put in

also the other options I was considering was the Gotoh Floyd Rose cause I hear its the best licensed floyd rose besides the Edge. So I'm thinking either TRS 101, Lo TRS (aka TRS Pro) or the Gotoh all of them I can buy at guitarpartsdepot for a reasonable price.

I'm ruling out the OFR cause I dont want to mess with the arm insert cause it uses the same as the TRS Trem II you know the one with the bobbin at the end of it. or the Edge cause I dont want to mess with a router or get over charged at a guitar shop to widen the route that little you know money's tight so.

Well thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM

Re: JS100 Trem Replacement Suggestions

I've been told by other members of this board that the Edge Pro can be put directly into a JS100 without any mods. You may wish to look into that as an option.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonblaster View Post
I've been told by other members of this board that the Edge Pro can be put directly into a JS100 without any mods. You may wish to look into that as an option.
I put and edge pro into mine as well as the Fred and Mo' Joe pickups.
Sounds like a hot-rodded strat in my opinion. I absolutely love the tone of that
guitar.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 08:10 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbjsx2000 View Post
Hey All Out There @ Jemsite Checking this Out!

Heres my deal...I have a 2000 JS100 and I want to replace the Lo-TRS Trem II cause it sucks. I read some old Ibanez manuals and I saw the TRS 101, and the Lo-TRS (the good one) and I need some suggestions on which I should put in

also the other options I was considering was the Gotoh Floyd Rose cause I hear its the best licensed floyd rose besides the Edge. So I'm thinking either TRS 101, Lo TRS (aka TRS Pro) or the Gotoh all of them I can buy at guitarpartsdepot for a reasonable price.

I'm ruling out the OFR cause I dont want to mess with the arm insert cause it uses the same as the TRS Trem II you know the one with the bobbin at the end of it. or the Edge cause I dont want to mess with a router or get over charged at a guitar shop to widen the route that little you know money's tight so.

Well thanks
From memory, anything but the edge pro will require some routing. I looked into it for my 95 JS 100 and to insert the Gotoh, it required more room.

I actually ended up filing back my knife edges on the Lo-TRS and replacing the posts - after that, she's playing very nicely again, in fact it flutters beautifully!

All the best with whatever you do.

Cheers
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 03:57 PM

i needed routing to stick a lo pro in my js100, i stuck paf joe and freds in there, i love my JS!!

edge pro would be a great direct replacement, get the best trem you can
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:46 AM

I recently replaced my LoTRSII with a OFR. No routing...and a easy drop in! I'm happy with it compared to the LoTRSII
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactownthrash View Post
I recently replaced my LoTRSII with a OFR. No routing...and a easy drop in! I'm happy with it compared to the LoTRSII
Do you have any pictures? I've been thinking about doing this for some time now...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM

I wonder if this would drop right in?

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Trem...e_Special.html

jeff
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 PM

Not being a butthead but I would just block it and play it or buy a new guitar one cause you are not gonna have a good trem unless you shell out on a lo pro edge or edge pro and they would cost more than the guitar is worth to buy.And then you have to have it routed by someone to fit the good trems. And the string spacing might not match your neck and all kinds of little issues.I had a JS 100,and I liked it no kidding but the trems they have are a joke period.when mine quit holding tune I just blocked the hell outta it. Meaning make a block of wood,metal etc that is exact size of gap between the trem block and guitar cavity wall. Then you can only dive with the whammy but it stops at same place everytime,If still losses tune may have to turn into hardtail completely. I swear mine played and sounded better after I just blocked it solid. You loose whammy but you shouldnt have got this trem if thats important to you. And it dont look different this way. You can replace with another TRS trem but they are always gonna be a toy tremolo. There is a awesome write up on stricly trems on this site if you look for it it tells every single trems attributes.Good luck. and Please dont take anything as me putting your axe down,just always shoot straight with people.akjc1977
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:32 AM

Will an OFR II fit right in to replace an Edge Pro II of a 2006 JS 100 without routing?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM

i put ofr (not the special) im my js100 all went great even the posts threaded in till i noticed the backplate touches the springs ..if i raise the trem then the action sucks.. how did you guys get past this" (raise the backplate?)
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM

feel free to respond to my last message at [email protected]
thanks
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 AM

Reviews: 11

Most guys don't even keep the backplate on. I do but it's not nescessary. Just some foor fod thought. There really isn't a war around it. I guess you can find a way to raise the back cover if it matters that much though.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 AM

Reviews: 11

For*
Way*

Sorry, I'd just edit but I can't on my Zune.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 AM

thank you just that i didnt wanna catch my bellyhair in the springs.. ooowwiee lol joking
i might have the block shortend a bit line 5 cm or so

Tags
gotoh , js100 , lo-trs , satriani , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode