JS1000 -> Carvin Legacy... - Is this a good match? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

JS1000 -> Carvin Legacy... - Is this a good match?

Hey, I was just curious if anyone had any advice on settings for a JS1000 into the carvin legacy 100 watt head! *Thanks!! Later... * www.courseofevolution.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 05:07 AM

Reviews: 3
JS1000 -> Carvin Legacy...

Matt,

catch me on AOL next time your on. I will give you the settings I use

In my expierence the Legacy has quite a bit of menipulation. you can really make this combo *js legacy* SIIIIIIING!

JR
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

ok man!! thanks *I should be getting mine in tonight, so this should be good!! *Later... www.courseofevolution.com
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 02:20 PM
EKG

Running my JS BTB thru my Legacy Head and Cab........AWESOME! :-)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 02:39 PM

Hey, Legacy users... How easy is it to get a heavy "bad horsie" sort of overdrive out of the thing going straight into the amp? I thought his distortions on the "ALS" disc were just unreal (fave was probably "Die to Live," but bad horsie's a bit more extreme, and i'd imagine would be harder to dial up, as i remember the sound clips sounding a lot smoother than that), and while i know it's not a legacy doing that, it's an amp i've been intrigued by for a bit, and i might actually be able to afford one. :-D

-Drew

(By the way, i currently play a rg-7 and a strat)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 02:51 PM
EKG

I can't tell you how happy I am with the Legacy! Never had I had an amp that had so much control. Just tweak the dials to your preference and off you go. Using your RG7, no tuning down is necessary. I also use a BBE to bring it all to life. But as for the original post, I get fantastic tone from my BTB running through the Legacy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode