js1000 digitized anyone ? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

js1000 digitized anyone ?

I was wondering with a few js models around if anyone has thought of digitizing theres and comparing it against the radius?

it would be interesting to compare the spec.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 12:06 PM

Re: js1000 digitized anyone ?

Problem is, there is no one "radius". In 88 & 89 they slimmed down from the 87 - a little thinner with a deeper cutaway. Then in 91 (?) they became a little rounder. I dunno which the JS is based on. Others may have more detail
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

JESTER700

thanks for the info on the radius.

I think the 91 models would be a good model to collect info on, if anyone is intersed in sharing and comparing these against the js??????

I know theres info on the jem 777 available.

How come nobody has done any plans of the js like sven radius????
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 11:53 AM

From what I saw when working on my 3D model, the current JS body has a smaller lower horn then the 1991 radius body. The rest is mostly just routing diferencies and so on...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Viper-sfm

Have you any measurements to share?????????
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:27 AM

Not really. My models are not made up to scale....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 AM

You could digitize two '05's and they'd be different because of all the hand sanding. I've had late model radii that were an exact match to the JS, other than what I'd consider to be hand sanding. I have same year Radii that are more different than the JS and Radius I had together. The basics are that the first ones from 87 had smaller cutaways (mostly on the treble side) and were said to be thicker, although I've never bothered to measure. Some appear thicker because the neck pocket isn't cut as deeply and the strings sit higher. Then by '88 they'd re-worked it (that's my favorite) where it seemed to stay until the 92-93 catalog when it seemed to merge with the JS. That's what I think happened, toward the end they just unified the program. The JS was always different from the Radius. It was never patterned exactly after a particular version of the Radius, or a combination of versions for that matter. The cutaways were different, mainly. But toward the end I think the Radius changed to match the JS. (at least that was my experience)

I mainly judge Radii on the smoothness of the hand sanding now. I'm cool with all the versions, so long as they don't have hard angles showing where the curves meet the flat top. Check out Joe in the 2002 catalog holding a "crap-tacular" example of a JS2000, while the CG one on the page is near perfect. The white one in the photo is probaby a prototype, Rich once suggested it's possibly an LACS. Um..thanks anyway guys, I'll take one from the factory anyday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode