JS1000 thru Legacy Combo - How does it sound? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo - How does it sound?

Do any of you play a JS1000 through a Carvin Legacy? I'm debating about getting a new guitar here and I really like the white JS1000. I was just wondering if for some reason they sound bad together or something. May seem like a stupid question but I would rather ask and look stupid than buy a guitar and that I'm not sure of how it sounds with my amp. Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 12:13 AM

Reviews: 3
JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

I run a JS1000WH through a Legacy head and 4-12... Iain has a JS through a legacy too, well last he told me anyway!

I LOVE how it sounds... i dont think i would ever want another amp over a legacy *maby to add but not replace*. I like to use an eq to boost the sigional going to the amp to drive the tubes more but thats just because i have a particular tone i go for... it sounds great straight to the amp also.

Also the clean chanel on the Legacy is REALLY good and i like the presence option on it sounds great with the PAF-PRO

hope this helps and ill be happy to help with any other questions you have

and oh ya, you said you were looking for a new guitar... so im guessing that you allready have the Legacy combo? what guitar do you use with it right now and what do you like/disslike about the combonation?

JR
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 02:45 AM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

Wow Jay, catching ya in a second post! Your skills seem sharper than a tack! *meant that in a good way* I don't own the Legacy, but hopefully my JS1000BTB will be here by the end of Febuary! I have played the JS through a Legacy when Guitar Center had a used combo there (it was going for $999.99!!!!!) I liked the sound once I got Guitar Center to change the tubes in that thing! It had some pretty beat up tubes in it. The bottom end was breaking up and the sustain was like a hammer hitting a rock. After they changed it though it sounded great! I really liked the way the amp and the FRED pickup reacted to eachother. I'd still rather go for a Legacy head than a combo (I'm a half stack kinda guy). But yes, definetly not a "will seem stupid if you buy a JS" :biggrin:
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Ibanez endorsed

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

Quote:
rsvampire on 2:45 am on Feb. 4, 2002
Wow Jay, catching ya in a second post! Your skills seem sharper than a tack! *meant that in a good way* I don't own the Legacy, but hopefully my JS1000BTB will be here by the end of Febuary! I have played the JS through a Legacy when Guitar Center had a used combo there (it was going for $999.99!!!!!) I liked the sound once I got Guitar Center to change the tubes in that thing! It had some pretty beat up tubes in it. The bottom end was breaking up and the sustain was like a hammer hitting a rock. After they changed it though it sounded great! I really liked the way the amp and the FRED pickup reacted to eachother. I'd still rather go for a Legacy head than a combo (I'm a half stack kinda guy). But yes, definetly not a "will seem stupid if you buy a JS" :biggrin:
Hey man are you getting one of the BTB's from Rich too? Are you the guy that has first pick? I know I have second pick *but I figure out of the first 6 that Rich gets in there has to be more than 1 killer one in the bunch!!! *
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 06:32 PM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

you lucky basta.... i mean..... jeeze i wish i was getting a BTB. 8 left *last i heard* i WIIIIIIISH i had the money RIGHT now.

anyone wanna buy one for me? I'd really appretiate it and I'd tatoo your likeness accrost my boosm as a memorial to your kindness!

JR
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:23 PM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

I do, indeed, have a Legacy 1/2 stack. My TB sounds incredible through it, IMO Only difference is that it has Evo's in it, instead of the stock pups.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:07 AM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

rsvampire:
which guitar center was that .. san jose? (i notice you're at morgan hill) *I played a js1000 thru it myself - loved the sounds, but being a poor college kid made the 999 a bit much. :-/ *Oh well, as of three days ago, that amp was gone

~A
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:17 AM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

anuj,
*Too bad man i was hoping you would grab that. oh well..... have you tried a vetta yet? *that IS what you were looking at last we talked right?* How did you like it?

UH OH.. i said th "V" word.... i can see you all coming after me with rocks! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
JR

BTW, first thing i thought when he said Legacy combo for 999 i thought "that has to be the same amp anuj played" *LOL*

(Edited by JayRobIBZ at 4:19 am on Feb. 5, 2002)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:23 AM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

yup, played the vetta,
it's fantastic, but what i have (pod2 -> 100w crate bass amp fx return ;-)) sounds good enough to last me thru my poverty ;-)

~A
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:25 AM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

HAHAHAHA.... catcha on AOL!

JR
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2002, 09:16 PM

JS1000 thru Legacy Combo

Yes the guitar center in San Jose, Steven's Creek. And yes I believe I get the first picks on BTB's because I ordered mine a smidge before December :biggrin:

Tags
bass amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode