a js10th for x-mas - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

a js10th for x-mas

yep i am finaly gettin one i simply cant wait

just outa intrest how many of you guysplay yours (im gona alot) and wehats hould i use 2 polist it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:07 PM

I'll gig with my JS10th every once in awhile, if it's a big gig or a special occasion. I would recommend finding some clear static plastic to use as a removable pickguard if you plan on playing your JS10th-it's done wonders fo mine! Still not a scratch on it As for polish...I use a lens polishing cloth slightly dampened with water, but I know a few guys here will recommend good old-fashioned spit
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

hmmmmmm sounds good 2 me.

can i just use a planet waves polishing cloth?

i mean its gona get scrached even tho its mint now and that doesnt bother me but a gouge outa the crome 2 the luthite now thats anoin.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

oh ye and i forgot 2 ask how close 2 the fed and paf pro are the special dimazios for the js10th.

and what was the need for them rather than just put a paf pro and fred. crome sound change?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Vendor

According to the spec sheet at Dimarzio they're exactly the same.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disassociative1
oh ye and i forgot 2 ask how close 2 the fed and paf pro are the special dimazios for the js10th.

and what was the need for them rather than just put a paf pro and fred. crome sound change?
I can tell no difference whatsoever between pickups in the JS10th and the other JS' I have. As Rich said...the spec sheets show them as being regular FRED & PAF PROs
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I polish mine with either a cloth I got from "sunglasses hut" to polish those cool mirrored sunglasses that Satch wears which seems to work fine or I use a bog standard lint free duster, which hasn't really left any polishing swirls (Rich might find a few though ).

I play mine from time to time and I think it sounds more like Joe's sound than a regular JS1000, but that might just be cos I "want" it to
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

well i was goin on the info in the 1998 catalog when i was talkin about the pups.

im not 2 worred about scarchin the js at allrealy the only i dont want is los of crome but hey i guess if it happens it happens. but i am very carefull so i shouldnt lose any through dents, hard scratches, dings ect but from use i may lose some i guess.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 12:26 PM

I think satch polish's his sunglasses more than his guitar...

I wish i could be his guitar tech...He goes and hands his guitar tech chrome boy and switchs to the JS1000WH for a song and the tech guy polishs and tunes the guitar or whatever that is needed, then they trade gutiars...

i saw Satch live, I got to talk to him and, stare in awe at his playing...And gave him the bow and he bowed back...Nice person he is...He basicly explained how to play midnight for me...SCORE...

I wish I could have a JS10th...But I guess...I'll just hot rod a RG like mad instead...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstrat86
I think satch polish's his sunglasses more than his guitar...

you might be right dude! i've never seen JS with dirty sunglasses, but I sure have seen a dirty chromeboy.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

HEHE
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 03:31 PM

Well, live, I didnt really see chromeboy either...I just saw a blinding flash of light...and darkness for a while...wow...I got to stare at his JS1000WH backstage for a while...I didnt touch it, but I stared at it...Ever since, I have had a urge for a JS1000WH...He didnt play a JS2000...I didnt see one there either...

Tags
chrome boy , guitar tech , paf pro , paf pros , planet waves

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to protect js10th

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode