js1200 plans, template? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

js1200 plans, template?

I`m looking for js ibanez plan, if any one can tell me where can i finde that will be very halpfull for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:22 AM

Re: js1200 plans, template?

This should get you real close.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~sven/site/radius.html
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 AM

Thumbs up Re: js1200 plans, template?

Hi chilirainbow,

Im trying to checkout your link, but i believe it is out dated...

Please can you help me get the template for the JS1200?

Thank you!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 AM

here you go....Ive uploaded it for you..

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 AM

Smile Re: js1200 plans, template?

Thank you!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Talking Re: js1200 plans, template?

try guitarbuildingtemplates.com they have a wide selection of templates available. i did purchase the js-1000 set a couple years ago and found them to be adequate. i happen to have a js-100 so i took it apart to compare it with the templates.. they look very close, i don't think you can tell the difference, well maybe Rich would. the set comes with two body templates, a neck template and the cutouts. i suppose you can use the electrical cavity cut out to make the cover. the body templates have the proper routing for all the holes and cavities in the front and back of the guitar as well as the neck pocket.

i do suggest that if you plan to make more than one or two that you make a set of working templates out of 1/2" mdf and seal them up with a finish. that way you can avoid accidentally wrecking the set when routing. they are about 1/4" thick and made out of tempered hardboard (i think). one thing to keep in mind is that these are copyrighted designs and if you sell them for profit you may run into trouble. also i made some adjustments to my set that i made to make sure the trem posts were in the exact spot they should be. i think they were off just a little, or maybe the js-100 is?

my project was to build 5 guitars from different woods. i have two mahogany, two basswood and one basswood with a curly maple top. the maple is a full 3/4" thick so i can shape all the way to the edge without bottoming out. somehow life got in the way and i have only got the bodies cutout and one neck mostly made. oh well

anyway, good luck with your project.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM

Thumbs up Re: js1200 plans, template?

Thank you! you saved my life

Now i need to order the all the parts...
The next step is the quest for a candy red color finish...i guess i will stick to white that's much easier...

If the Floyd rose will stay in tune, then i beat Ibanez luthiers

wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman300 View Post
try guitarbuildingtemplates.com they have a wide selection of templates available. i did purchase the js-1000 set a couple years ago and found them to be adequate. i happen to have a js-100 so i took it apart to compare it with the templates.. they look very close, i don't think you can tell the difference, well maybe Rich would. the set comes with two body templates, a neck template and the cutouts. i suppose you can use the electrical cavity cut out to make the cover. the body templates have the proper routing for all the holes and cavities in the front and back of the guitar as well as the neck pocket.

i do suggest that if you plan to make more than one or two that you make a set of working templates out of 1/2" mdf and seal them up with a finish. that way you can avoid accidentally wrecking the set when routing. they are about 1/4" thick and made out of tempered hardboard (i think). one thing to keep in mind is that these are copyrighted designs and if you sell them for profit you may run into trouble. also i made some adjustments to my set that i made to make sure the trem posts were in the exact spot they should be. i think they were off just a little, or maybe the js-100 is?

my project was to build 5 guitars from different woods. i have two mahogany, two basswood and one basswood with a curly maple top. the maple is a full 3/4" thick so i can shape all the way to the edge without bottoming out. somehow life got in the way and i have only got the bodies cutout and one neck mostly made. oh well

anyway, good luck with your project.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Talking Re: js1200 plans, template?

i also have info about paint.

try these websites
http://www.alsacorp.com/
http://www.paintwithpearl.com/
they are automotive paints i think but they have a huge selection. the alsa paints you can buy in a spraycan already mixed. they even have a 2 part clear that comes in a spraycan. paint-with-pearl sells paints, and powders that mix with base clear to make any color/effect you can imagine. stewart macdonald sells a cheap spray system that comes with a jar that you mix the paint in and a canister that you pressuize it with. then you can spray your custom colors. i bought som color changing paint in a spray from alsa and i found it to work pretty good. i was going for the js90th color but unfortunately they didn't have that exact color. if i ever get back to guitar building i will be sure to post some pics this time.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 AM

Like Besart, im asking for a good and detailed radius body plan. Im sawing and sanding the body at the moment, but I cant undestand the whole form only by js guitars pics in internet. I saw the plan posted by SP2333. Its just I need!, (but in true size)
Can anybody send me?. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode