JS1200CA Vs RG1570CA - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

JS1200CA Vs RG1570CA

Okay....need some help. I've been told that the candy apple red of the JS1200 is the same as the candy apple red of the RG1570, but in all the pics I've seen of the JS1200, its obvious that its a candy red over a gold base coat because you can see the gold hue when light hits it at the right angle. I haven't seen this with any pics of the RG1570...every pic I've seen of the RG looks like it might be the same candy red paint, but over a different base coat...maybe silver, maybe white...but I've never seen the gold hue come through on the RG pics.....and in my opinion, the gold base coat on a candy red guitar is what make it!!

So, the question is (finally), does anyone have a candy apple RG that does show a gold hue? Or can anyone verify that, THAT is the little detail that seperates the JS candy apple red from the RG candy apple red. I noticed that there is a newer RG model (the number escapes me right now) that appears to have the gold base coat too, but its priced close to a JS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Re: JS1200CA Vs RG1570CA

Ok...just looked at the NAMM pics at Ibanez Rules...and even though the lighting is a little tricky to bank on, I think I do see a gold tint near the lower horn edge...maybe its just the flatter top of the RG that doesn't reflect the base coat as well as the JS or maybe its a thicker candy red top coat on the RG. Dont know....but if someone has a candy red RG I'd love to see more pics of the guitar.

Tags
candy apple red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode