JS1IR I think it's lost! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

JS1IR I think it's lost!

A while back I picked up a JS1 IR. Everything went fine, and the guitar was shipped, but here's where the excitement begins. When the guitar was shipped the lady working at the post office said it couldn't be sent priority, and had to go regular mail(of course I was upset because I knew I was looking at roughly 4 to 6 weeks of waiting, but I blame that on the employee at the post office because she was obviously misinformed). Don't let anyone ever tell you you can't send a package priority to an APO address

Back to the present. It's been almost 8 weeks now, and the JS1 still isn't here. I went to the post office, and complained, but now they tell me it could be up to 6 to 8 weeks, and they had it in writing. Now the reason this is really bothering me(the post office) is because I'v had a couple people in the past send guitars regular Parcel, and I had to wait 5 weeks tops. I don't understand how this one could be taking this long! It's coming from IL. not the South Pole! What's even more disturbing is the seller paid roughly 20 to 30 dollars to ship! How can you charge that much shipping if it's going regular parcel!! I've been extremely patient this whole time. You don't know how many times I've wanted to curse out loud inside the post office *LOL*! Anyway just needed to ramble, and vent! Thx for listening.

Kind of fitting this is happening to me considering my recent track record huh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 08:01 PM

Its being shipped to japan? As of late all overseas shipping has been plagued typically from america. Blame that on increased security in the us since 9/11
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Vendor

Going APO I doubt it had anything to do with 9/11, but overseas parcel of a LARGE package does take absolutely forever sometimes. I doubt it's lost, it's just not getting any "handling"
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

I think there just trying to be evil and torcher me !!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 11:30 PM

I think the lady that's been telling you this stuff saw the guitar and went "YOINK! mine!!!!!"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Okay now I've finally come to the point that something is wrong! Today makes it officially 8 weeks, and still no JS1. Now I know some of you might say chill, since I'm at an APO address, but I just have that gut feeling something is wrong! Plus in my entire 2+ yrs here a package has never taken this long that was sent parcel mail!

So I'll be going to the post office first thing Tuesday, and filling out some paperwork, and hopefully this will get resolved quickly
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 12:26 PM

Ok brother, remind me of the EXACT day I shipped the guitar, and I'll
go over to the post office on Monday morning and see if they can trace
back the paperwork.

I feel terrible that I tossed out that recept. I really thought you had the
guitar AGES ago, so I just tossed out all my old tracking recepts!

I'll do anything I can to help you track down the guitar I sent you. It's
terrible as it is that it's lost, but on top of that it's a JS-IR!

Does the post office on your side give you any tips for how to track it
back? Ask them for me what they say I can do on my side and I'll do it!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Check your PM Lonely Raven
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 01:19 AM

Raven is doing a trace. Wish us luck it'll turn up! It's not his fault this happened, but I just feel terrible it had to be a JS1 Inferno Red!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 02:40 AM

thats very unfortunate... best of luck fellas!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 03:21 AM

It's here!!!!!! Finally! Almost 9 weeks *sigh* Just wanted to let everyone know. This is my 3rd JS(sold the other two), and I love it! The inferno red color is awesome! It's great to finally have another JS!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 11:49 PM

Keep in mind that it may have sat on the docks or on a ship on the west coast here. I work in Long Beach, and they are STILL offloading ships from the strike. There was A LOT of delays... I work at a music store and we waited 4weeks for a shipment of things from Japan. So, it's likely that you may have been one of the victims of the dockworkers strike here. Just a thought...
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 05:41 AM

WTF... lol paranoia or what
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 08:50 AM

Thx for the info
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 11:53 AM

Now that youve got it in We WANT PICS!!!. lol

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to recover lost data from roland vs 1680

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode