JS2 PRM

Tags
js2
4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  OCDemon 
#1 · (Edited)
Sharing some guitars...

See less See more
#10 ·
So my JS1 that's coat of chrome, I bought it already chromed, it is all fogged up, it's not very reflective. However the 1600 is way newer and he has improved his process. I can show the JS1 but it looks better in photos than in person. It sounds amazing, I love it, but it's like looking in a mirror after you take a hot shower.

#11 ·
It no longer looks this clear, I think this pic is from close to 10 years ago. But, it's a JS one with a metal skin so it's my JS2 clone. It feels great sounds great, just has a foggy silver coat on it. But I feel like it's like when you get an old guitar and there's chips in the paint. Old guitars don't look like brand new guitars. So far my 1600, and the 10th, those patches have stayed clear and I'm hoping the continue to. If you look at the 10th the silver vs chrome look identical. It's only when you shine a light on them, the reflect a little different. I have to take a current photo, it's not where I currently am. And see how it looks, chromes always look better in photos.

#15 ·
I have never done a full guitar with him. Both that I bought were on Ebay already chromed but I recognized that it was Don's work and asked and they confirmed. I had him do the pickguard area on that 10th above. doing just part of a guitar is not smart and he told me that but I said I wanted to preserve all the true chrome, so he just did it and there's a bit of an edge to it which did start to peel because really you should do all of it. So I just put reflective tape around the edges. that 10th is my beater. I play it a lot. I have a mint one that I never touch. Anyway, so I never paid for a full chroming but if memory serves it was somewhere between $600-$800 for a full guitar. but you can contact him, or I have an email for him I can ask him.

#16 ·
Yes, he had quoted doing a guitar for me a few years back and it was in that $600 range. I just don't think I can pull the trigger on it. As incredible as this JS1 is - I bet it's only worth like $750 tops. Have also considered doing some sort of a wrap just to make it look a little better/different. Recently saw another shop called Liquid 3D had chromed a JS as well and looks really great. Not sure how much they charge.

#19 ·
I think because the photos were through photo bucket which later changed to no 3rd party hosting so the pics disappeared unless I was willing to pay their upgrade fee for third party hosting, which I wasn't. I suspect a lot of photos from Jemsite might have disappeared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.