JS2 PRM: FRED or Mo'Joe? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

JS2 PRM: FRED or Mo'Joe?

I'm not sure if the PRM has the mo'joe or the FRED in it. I own one and I assumed it was FRED but I just but the Mo'joe in my JS2000 and I'm not sure anymore about the PRM. Anyone have any info on that? I know it's been discussed before but maybe somebody knows more about it now. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Vendor

Re: JS2 PRM: FRED or Mo'Joe?

There were no catalog specs on them and the concensus has been it's based on a 1200, Fred and PAF Joe.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There were no catalog specs on them and the concensus has been it's based on a 1200, Fred and PAF Joe.
Hey there - we discussed this once on another thread a while ago.

I have a JS2prm and it definitely came with a Mo' Joe.

Fully expecting it to have arrived with a Fred in the bridge, I ordered a Mo Joe to replace the PUP but when the guitar arrived and I plugged it in, it was obvious it wasn't a Fred! ( I had a 1200ca with a Fred in it at the time and the prm was immediately obviously higher output and fuller sounding than the 1200ca).

To be safe (and slightly anal retentive), I had the pup changed with the Mo Joe I had bought and..... it sounded exactly the same! Even the tech who changed the pup for me asked why I was replacing it with exactly the same one! Definitely a Mo Joe in mine, can't comment on anyone elses.

I also put a black Mo Joe into my 1200CA and the two guitars now sound identical (although one looks a hell of a lot cooler of course).

Hope that helps.

---------------------------------
www.myspace.com/sukhryatt
www.flailingpits.com
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadfish View Post
Hey there - we discussed this once on another thread a while ago.

I have a JS2prm and it definitely came with a Mo' Joe.

Fully expecting it to have arrived with a Fred in the bridge, I ordered a Mo Joe to replace the PUP but when the guitar arrived and I plugged it in, it was obvious it wasn't a Fred! ( I had a 1200ca with a Fred in it at the time and the prm was immediately obviously higher output and fuller sounding than the 1200ca).

To be safe (and slightly anal retentive), I had the pup changed with the Mo Joe I had bought and..... it sounded exactly the same! Even the tech who changed the pup for me asked why I was replacing it with exactly the same one! Definitely a Mo Joe in mine, can't comment on anyone elses.

I also put a black Mo Joe into my 1200CA and the two guitars now sound identical (although one looks a hell of a lot cooler of course).

Hope that helps.

www.myspace.com/sukhryatt
www.flailingpits.com
If I forgot this, I'm going to have to vist an oxygen bar more often!

I assume you still have the original? What is the Dimazio number on the base of it?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
If I forgot this, I'm going to have to vist an oxygen bar more often!

I assume you still have the original? What is the Dimazio number on the base of it?
Screw the oxygen; beer is our friend brother Rich.

Yes, I do still have the original, but I ended up putting it in my Washburn, so can't get the number for you I'm afraid.

Here's a lineup of the boys in my room. I think the Washburn looks quite cool with the Mo Joe from the PRM in it! (sorry it isn't the best quality, just what I had on my cheapo phone right now).

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Vendor

It may be your friend, but to me it's all belches and vomit
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
It may be your friend, but to me it's all belches and vomit
Throw a dodgy kebab into that little mix and you've got one of my standard nights out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode