JS2410 or JS24P - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By michaelfjacob
  • 1 Post By Crossroad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

JS2410 or JS24P

Can't find anywhere local that carries these so for anyone who's played/owned both, other than woods and build country (possibly quality), the only real difference I see is the bridge pickup, which I could swap out.

Anything I'm missing?

Last edited by Crossroad; 02-24-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Contributor

Re: JS2410 or JS24P

The 2410 is made in japan and that changes the quality signficantly. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the 24P but it is not just a difference of a pickup. Decide what you can afford and then see what guitar is right for you. Also the 2410 is alder body I believe the 24P is still basswood so that will change the sound even if you are ignoring the quality and parts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response.

Though I can afford either, that is what I am trying to do, find out which s right for me, therefore the quest for information I do not have.

I get the tone might be different, due to the woods, and the quality may not be as good, but is there a substantial difference in tone or playabiity? And can someone quantify the difference?

It's kind of hard to tell sound from internet videos and I don't have access to play either guitar.

Someone may come back and say "I tried putting a Satch Track in a 24 and it didn't sound as good with the basswood, or it sounded different but to my ears better." Or the high pass filter is a lower quality cap so you'll want to replace that, or the frets on the 2410 are much smoother, or something like that.

I think the 24210 may also have the ultralight arm?

I make no aspersions as to which guitar is a better purchase, that is up to the individual. I am leaning towards the 2410, but also open to sticking a Satch Track in a 24, and saving a few bucks.

Don't care about resale, just how it feels, plays, sounds and looks. I am partial to the MCO.

Last edited by Crossroad; 02-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 06:27 PM
Contributor

How it looks is easy. See which color you like better. Tone, feel, playability these are all things that the country of manufacture, which decides the quality level affects. I think that Japanese JS guitars are far superior to korean ones, which I have owned both. They didn't have the Indonesian (Premium) level when I started so I haven't owned one and can't speak for it, but I think that each tier up increases quality, which affects everything.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:51 PM

I have owned a JS1000, a JS24P and a JS100. I have played a JS2410, but haven't owned one. I agree with everyone else's comments. The JS100 felt terrible and cheap to me. That was a classic case of you get what you pay for. The JS24P is very playable, but it had a few issues with the neck. After taking it to a professional luthier, it needed to be shimmed and the fret height need to be be filed down a little on one side to compensate for a slight twist. The neck on the JS1000 is pure magic. The JS1000 feels like everything was built exactly the way it was supposed to be - no tweaking needed. Keep in mind that I personally prefer a chunkier neck than the typical shredder. I'm not going to comment on tone because that is so subjective. I will say that there have been times when I asked myself, why didn't I just spend the extra money and go with the 2410? You may not find yourself asking yourself the same question, but that was my experience with these models.
OCDemon likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Ordered the 2410

Now the long wait till Wednesday.
GearBoxTy likes this.

Last edited by Crossroad; 03-02-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Tags
ibanez js

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode