JS2450MCB - Long Overdue Thank You to Rich - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

3Likes
  • 3 Post By Satchurated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

JS2450MCB - Long Overdue Thank You to Rich

Hello,

I've been a long time lurker and have meant to post about my JS2450MCB for quite a while as well. It doesn't look like I can do an "introduce myself" post, so I'll keep this post about my JS and about my pleasant experience buying it from Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules.

I purchased my JS from Rich back in 2016. I gave a deposit to Rich as soon as I saw the announcement from Ibanez that they were releasing a black JS, something I'd been wanting for years. I patiently waited for Rich to receive the guitar and perform his silver package setup on it and finally took possession of the guitar at the end of August. The wait was well worth it to me.

I have played guitar since 1986, and I purchased a new Gibson Les Paul in '89 that was my main player until I got my JS. The setup Rich did was excellent, in fact, other than a few very minor seasonal truss rod adjustments as well as the usual tweaks to the claw screws to keep the bridge level, I haven't had to do a thing to the JS. This was my first guitar order from Rich, and it was a great experience. He's a very helpful guy. I mean, his tech section of Ibanez Rules alone is a vastly underated trove of information for anyone willing to learn how to setup, maintain and restore floating bridge guitars. My experience with Rich was very professional, and I always felt like I had the level of communication I wanted to be comfortable with the guitar I would be getting without ever having the chance to play it. In particular, I feel the inspection that Rich gives every Ibanez that hits his shop is very important. I know he pays particular attention to the neck, and to me a great neck is the key to having a great guitar that can be made to play the way a player wants. It is well known that he sends many brand new guitars back to Ibanez because they don't meet his quality bar, a service I wish more shops, including a few well known shops in the SF Bay Area would aspire to meet.

My JS is now my number 1 guitar, and has been since the day I got it and plugged it in. It's not all Rich that made this guitar everything it is, obviously, but his setup ensured that when I got my hands on that fine instrument that it would be ready for anything and that it would sing like it was meant to.

So, Rich, here's a long overdue thank you for providing me with the best guitar I've owned, and for setting it up exactly as I asked for. It's been a pleasure getting to know this JS and it's fantastic neck, and it was a pleasure working with you to get it in my hands.
jono, Sean777 and The TPS Report like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Vendor

Re: JS2450MCB - Long Overdue Thank You to Rich

Always better late than never?

Actually all I ask of customers is that they are satisfied, anything past that is above and beyond on your part, and very much appreciated! And it's good to hear it's become your #1.

Oddly enough my first was a 78' Les Paul Custom I bought new, until my Ibanez came along and it's been in the case ever since. It must be dark and lonely in there.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

That's funny. I put my Paul in the case about 2 weeks after I got the JS from you. I've pulled it out a couple times, but it went right back in. I love that guitar, and it has a ton of sentimental value to me, but having wrapped my hand around that JS neck I'm now spoiled. Not just the shape, which is awesome, but I love the way Ibanez finishes that neck. I can't go back to a nitro finished neck now.

Thanks again, Rich, and it looks like Ibanez is trying to make it hard for me not to be a repeat customer of yours this year.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Vendor

May they make it difficult for all to resist!

Tags
ibanez js , ibanez rules , joe satriani , rich harris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode