Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JS25ART

26K views 165 replies 49 participants last post by  morien 
#1 ·
So it looks like the JS25th is Satriani doodles. Not for me. Also appears no three single coils guitar. Good year for my wallet if this is the case.

#6 ·
In my opinion, Satriani is a great guitar player, and he should stick to that ;)
I don't really see the value in his drawings. You can say it's taste, but i'm pretty sure it's not.
Other than that, having 50 limited editions out in the wild is a great marketing stunt by Hoshino. Whoever gets one will really be a lucky owner.

#16 ·
Wow i didn't knew about this!, to me this looks great, its another JS graphics and to me nothing is better than a JS graphics, this is the same way he did the BlackDog right? and people loved the BD so i don't know why so many here are complaining, anyway i'd love to have one but i'm sure it will be way over my budget, is this going to be Sugi built?

#26 ·
the video says that 50 are being made. how many are already out there that he has done at signings. have seen a few guys at signings with a JS100 and get Satriani to draw all over it. hope these are signed and numbered. with the aussie dollar this will be a $12000 guitar to buy in australia.

#30 ·
I'd challenge the "art critics" here defining what is and isn't, to view any post war contemporary sale at Sotheby's and define if what is selling in the 30-50 Million dollar range is actually art or not. I'm guessing most would say they should have stuck to painting houses ;)

If this isn't cool, I don't know what is.

#40 ·
Rich,
Challenge accepted ;)

i guess it will be easy to find 50 among Satriani's fans and "art collectors" to buy these, afterall it's not a large number. Though if you look at the comments here, most people who are interested in guitars as "instruments" are just pointing out the obvious: that these are simply overpriced instruments.
Seems like going into the "zen and art of motorcycle maintenance" discussion here, talking about intrinsic value, "quality" and such.

Nevertheless, thanks for the high quality pictures you posted, so far the best one from the booth i've seen. Much appreciated.
(the center one with the @ and the one from the video with the # are the only ones that caught my attention so far)

For the sharpies used: by looking at the video, seems like he used Oil-based ones, but remember he used it UNDER the clearcoat. Above the clearcoat i don't know how the same sharpies will behave above it. the pens seem to be these: http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Pages/oil-based-paint-marker-medium-point.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.