JS2PRM Chromeboy...should I sell or should I keep??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

JS2PRM Chromeboy...should I sell or should I keep???

Hi all!

As some of you know, Im selling my beloved JS2PRM.I had her for sale some months (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107757), and finally, I have a low ball offer wich Im thinking to take...I mainly dont play her (she is in dead mint condition, and I dont want to play her to keep that condition) but now that I see the posibility of "losing" that beauty from my collection....I know Im going to miss her!!!

Well, the other option is keep her, and maybe play her more often....I think this guitar will grow in value with the years.

I have another Chromeboy (Js10th, http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91141) as well as a JSBDG and a JS1 ( http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94329 ), wich, JS2PRM apart, will calm my Jss appetite.

Anyway, I think I will refuse the low ball offer...I think 6500 is a fair price for the JS2PRM being mint, I would even take 6000 right now but...who knows, maybe in a year I could ask 9000 or just 3000 because of the marker....

What would you guys would do???

Anyone interested in this JS2PRM for 6000 ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 AM

Re: JS2PRM Chromeboy...should I sell or should I keep???

Keep it. That guitar is too cool . And I wonder what the odds are of you finding another one in the same condition in 1 or 2 years from now ? By the way, the only thing I dont like about it is its not a lefty .. haha
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Contributor

I have one too that I never play. I wish I played it. I think the best plan, for both of us is get over the value and start using it as an awesome guitar, it's a waste to let it sit there. That being said, I have had this plan for about five years and I never go through with it
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 05:30 PM

I play the hell out of mine and have been gigging it for 5 years. Sounds like a beast, never fails to make me smile or bring admiring comments from the audience.

Play it and be happy dude!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 05:26 AM

It seems a good value to speculate with... But I think I could not afford one...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Ill try to sell the JS2PRM for a month, maybe Ill list her at Evilbay after a couple of weeks selling here i nthe forum (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fs...os-107757.html) Ive just lowered the price to 6000.

If it doesnt sell for 6000, Ill keep it.I think this is a true investment, thu is a pain in the ass having the guitar and not playing her....maybe I should keep her forever, telling myself Ill never sell her, so not worry about scratching the body, and play the hell out of her!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Edge View Post
Ill try to sell the JS2PRM for a month, maybe Ill list her at Evilbay after a couple of weeks selling here i nthe forum (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fs...os-107757.html) Ive just lowered the price to 6000.

If it doesnt sell for 6000, Ill keep it.I think this is a true investment, thu is a pain in the ass having the guitar and not playing her....maybe I should keep her forever, telling myself Ill never sell her, so not worry about scratching the body, and play the hell out of her!
How do you know its a girl ?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Contributor

because if you ignore it too long it gets difficult and causes all sorts of problems. and it has a g string
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
because if you ignore it too long it gets difficult and causes all sorts of problems. and it has a g string
!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
Give her a good rattle for me then
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM

you keep this guitar lest you offend Galactus!!! he will hunt you down and destroy you slowly. he will then give the Power Cosmic to someone more worthy.

Just saying....

Tiggatone
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 02:52 AM

Here is my theory on this guitar. If you bought it for an investment, store safely, never play it and see what it is worth in 10 years. IMO, not much more, with the global economy on unstable ground, I don't see this guitar increasing that much...ever. Obviously my opinion, I just see all bad things for the world. If money is not an option for you and you are financially stable....PLAY THE HECK OUT OF THAT GUITAR EVERYDAY!

BTW, I think this is the hottest JS ever, I almost bought one and I'm not even a Joe S. or JS fan.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 03:55 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcard71 View Post
Here is my theory on this guitar. If you bought it for an investment, store safely, never play it and see what it is worth in 10 years. IMO, not much more, with the global economy on unstable ground, I don't see this guitar increasing that much...ever. Obviously my opinion, I just see all bad things for the world. If money is not an option for you and you are financially stable....PLAY THE HECK OUT OF THAT GUITAR EVERYDAY!

BTW, I think this is the hottest JS ever, I almost bought one and I'm not even a Joe S. or JS fan.
Adjusting for inflation, and diminishing nature of guitars, a JS2PRM could very well reach 20,000$ in a few years. Id consider it an investment to be blunt.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Didnt buy HER (I know is HER, Ive plugged-HER ;D) as an investment...Im a die-hard Satch fan and crazy about Ibanez, so I just couldnt resist.

I use to play more my Js10th, but I have like 35 guitars right now and I dont want to ruin such beauty.Anyway, I could play her a little, enjoying the guitar carefully, and probably wont even scratch her.

My heart says KEEP HER! and my head says SELL!....when I look at her, my heart surrenders my head!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Edge View Post
Didnt buy HER (I know is HER, Ive plugged-HER ;D) as an investment...Im a die-hard Satch fan and crazy about Ibanez, so I just couldnt resist.

I use to play more my Js10th, but I have like 35 guitars right now and I dont want to ruin such beauty.Anyway, I could play her a little, enjoying the guitar carefully, and probably wont even scratch her.

My heart says KEEP HER! and my head says SELL!....when I look at her, my heart surrenders my head!
If you have the hooch to drop coin on a PRM, you can probably afford a different guitar... play and abuse THAT one.

Tags
chromeboy , js2 , js2prm , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode