JS6 High-pass filter - works the opposite way round to standard JS - is this normal?? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

JS6 High-pass filter - works the opposite way round to standard JS - is this normal??

Hi there - a question for other JS6 owners out there...

well the JS6 is going off to my long-time luthier buddy for a fret dress and decent set up on Tuesday. Nice guy has even offered to lightly sand and re-oil it for me while he's at it so that's that one done!

I noticed while playing that the high-pass filter in the volume knob is set up the other way round than any other JS I've had - i.e. when the volume pot is down, the high-pass filter is engaged.

Was this normal for JS6's or has a previous owner switched the operation around?

Cheers,
Sukh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: JS6 High-pass filter - works the opposite way round to standard JS - is this norm

Mine is the normal way around.

However, I got it second hand, so there's still room for doubt...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 PM

Re: JS6 High-pass filter - works the opposite way round to standard JS - is this norm

That's very funny. people sometimes short their high pass filter to be on all the time, which is a good thing, but that person actually managed to wire the switch backwards. heh...

Tags
ibanez , js6 , satch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode