JS700 Made in Japan - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

JS700 Made in Japan

Hi, I've been looking to try and sell my old guitar since i haven't played for quite some time now. I have what i'm pretty sure is a JS700 since having looked at pictures of the JS700 it looks exactly like my guitar. I'm also fairly sure it's made in japan since the plate on the back of the body says "Made in Japan" and the serial number is F0114341. So it's made in 2001 in Japan? From what i've read this is quite a rare model of JS700?

Was just wondering if anyone knew what this guitar is worth? It's got some minor cosmetic damage which has to be taken into account obviously but if it was sparkling new how much would it go for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 02:40 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: JS700 Made in Japan

Js700s were stopped being made in 1999......

Edit- oops! sorry, they were stopped being available in america in 99.... too much stigma on that guitar for it ever to be worth too much id say 4-600 based on condition and case and stuff
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

They tend to be advertised at around 400 to 700 in the UK. I can't say what they have actually SOLD for though.

Ebay UK's site would probably be your best bet for getting a value on the guitar.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
They tend to be advertised at around 400 to 700 in the UK. I can't say what they have actually SOLD for though.

Ebay UK's site would probably be your best bet for getting a value on the guitar.

If they sell that much over there, then yes, do sell on uk ebay. On this side of the pond, average is 400-650usd depending on case and quality, and mij vs mik. They SHOULD be worth more, just like the radii guitars, but they don't sell for much
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM

I bought a Korean one with no case for around $300 2 years ago.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post

I had a mint one which I bought for 270 last September and sold for 360 ( I think ) in December. The new owner recently sold it for something like 425 and having watched quite a few on Ebay (UK) over the past year or so, that seems to be pretty much top dollar for one over here.

Beautiful guitar to look at and quirky from a JS collecting point of view because of the P90's, stop tail bridge & mohog neck, but for me never even came close to my JS1000 or 6000. Different neck profile and lacked the quality feel of a "true" JS. I played it about 5 times & sold it on to fund a JS2000....which could also be on it's way soon if anyone in the EU is interested? (sorry am I allowed to say that in a thread here?!)

Cheers

Last edited by Davus PG; 08-30-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Tags
japan , js700 , sell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode