JS900/JS1000 - info help - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
JS

JS900/JS1000 - info help

hi there i am needing some help from you guys !
I have a ibanez grx 70 and i thought it was a good guitar for its money. But i want a better guitar and i am a massive fan of satch and i am close in buying a JS900 for 700 pounds, second hand. But i was wanting to if it is a good guitar for that money. It is a lot of money, and i don't want to get the wrong guitar. Also what is the differences between the JS900 and the JS1000, e.g different sounds, tones. I play in a band and i play some rock/metal and blues basically all round music and is it good for that type of music. Please i really need info on these guitars !!!

Cheers
* * * * * Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
JS900/JS1000

There are just a couple of differences between the JS900 and the JS1000. The first is the country of origin of the wood for the body. The JS1000 uses "American Basswood" which is generally accepted to be slightly superior to the "Basswood" of unspecified origin that the 900 like the 100 is made of.

The other major difference come in the form of the hardware. The 900 has the regular edge bridge whereas the 1000 has the "Lo-Pro" edge bridge. These are slightly different to one another but in my and several other folks' here opinions neither is really "better" it's just a matter of personal preference.

The 1000 also has some fancy electronic goings on in the form of a coil tap and high pass filter on the tone and volume pots respectively, these aren't included on the JS900 but can easily be retrofitted. Teh coil tap will let you get more "strat" type sounds from the guitar. When you roll off the volume on a guitar, the sound tends to get a little warmer as some of the high frequencies are attenuated. The high pass filter can be engaged to prevent this and make the sound a little brighter and clearer when the volume is rolled off.

The JS900 does however come with Chrome hardware which many folks consider the "proper" colour for hardware on a JS

As far as value goes, I think the JS900 is a great guitar full stop. 700 is about the standard sort of level I'd expect to pay for a second hand one in fantastic condition

Hope this helped a bit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 09:09 AM

JS900/JS1000

The other difference is that the 900 also doesnt have the Prestige neck of the 1000 (it's not multi-radiused either)..

Considering we're plauged by expensive Ibanez' here in England, 700 sounds a decent enough price.. is that cased?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:35 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: JS900/JS1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla View Post
The other difference is that the 900 also doesnt have the Prestige neck of the 1000 (it's not multi-radiused either)..

Considering we're plauged by expensive Ibanez' here in England, 700 sounds a decent enough price.. is that cased?
I have a JS900 and it does have the prestige neck and high pass filter, just that it's always on just like the Jem version. It dosent have the coil tap though.

Best JS I've ever played, cost me 900 brand new from factory back in 2001

Tags
chrome hardware , coil tap , edge bridge , high pass filter , volume pots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode