JS90HAM... how high on the JS list? - compared to JS2KPLT, J - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

JS90HAM... how high on the JS list? - compared to JS2KPLT, J

hey im lookin to buy a JS model. ive heard alota bad stuff about the JS10th's finnish. and the crystal planet is too spendy for me. i dont like the black or white on the js1000's (although i conciderd getting one swirled like a jem) so..... i love the finnish on the JS90th and it seems to have some options the others dont. is it true this has the origional edge? or is it the low pro? and just how good is it compared to all the rest? thank you. this is my first GOOD guitar buy and i'd really appretiate some help.

JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 10:46 PM
Vendor

JS90HAM... how high on the JS list?

90's make great players IF you can play without inlays, and not care if you wear the chrome off the pickups. I especially like the crisper tone of the ebony, but I miss the inlays too much. Original Edge.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

thanx rich! i was all ready to purchase a JS90th thats on ebay (no bids... reserve must be around 1500 cuz the buy it now is 1525) but my dad said that was too much.(no.... I AM BUYING IT WITH MY MONEY) oh well. maby *ill be able to get ahold of a 10th (and be REAL careful with it) or just deal with the not so gorgousness of a JS1000 bp... then later send it to about time designes and get it swirled in light and dark blue, white, and black. matching headstock and all. buuuut, maby ill just go with a 10th. anyways.... i hope to join the rankes of "official JS freak" by obtaining one of my loves...... hehe

JR
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 12:16 AM
Vendor

The owner of that 90 is Chris, another forum member. *The 10th will cost you even more and it's no 'fun' playing on a guitar you have to be super carefull with. If you want something to play steady, you want a wh or bp, or an already broken in 90.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

what do you mean by "broke in" on the 90th? just cuz it doesnt have the digitized neck and most arent a 'players' guitar? or do you mean somethin else? anyway. it looks like its gonna be a regular JS1000 for me..... that sucks but OH WELL! ill have someone do me a donnie or just have it swirrled like i said. thanx again Rich.... laters.

JR
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 02:55 AM
Vendor

Broke in as in chrome already worn off the pups so you never worry about peeling more, something you don't have to handle with white gloves.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:02 AM

Ahem...

ahhh the JS-90th. Ever since I got it, it became my main player.

Having owned (and still do..hehehehe) many JS's..in my humble little opinion, its the best feeling one in my hands. *The ebony board is wildly slick and does lend itself to a brighter punchier tone. *The pickups do fade and I like the broken in look i've given mine. *The original edge rocks as it should and it just has tone for days!

The regular JS models feel really nice and are worth the investment for a player guitar, but if you can get a JS90th (thru Rich Harris no less!) you'll be really happy. I owned the ChromeBoy for a several months and it flaked on me...the tone was outta this world as well..but you can't have it as a regular player and not worry about it.

Good luck!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

hahaha, Rich, i just realized you the Ibanez rules guy..... Iaian tiped me off. i told him.... it looks like ive gotta go with a used JS1000 or 1 in players condition cuz even though i can afford a prestine CP or 10th or 90th (ya even the CP) my dad wont let me. so.... i dont mind playing a JS1000 thats a little beat up.... cuz later on im getting it spiffed up. anyway's.... if anyone knows anyone with a used JS1000 for sale in good or even player's condition i'd be interested. thanx everyone.

JR
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

oops... iain... sorry man
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:00 PM
Vendor

I've got a white player 1 on my used page :biggrin:
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Rich, ya i saw that. i think im lookin for a little better condition than that. thanx anyway. if all else fails maby you will be getting an email from me about the JS1... who knows? later

JR
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 08:03 AM

How many js90th are made? And what year are they from?
Are they hard to find or not?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Rich, i just realized you the Ibanez rules guy.....
I think I've read this like 540 times in the jemsite forum :biggrin:
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 11:17 AM
Vendor

The figures are here in Jemsite somewhere, 3hundredandsomething. All 90th's are 98' models. Hard to find? depends on how hard you look.

Tags
crystal planet , ebony board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode