JSBDG Black Dog Coming Home...!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

JSBDG Black Dog Coming Home...!!!!

Well, after some months looking for a JSBDG Black Dog, finally got one in the States (Springfield).

Itīs (supposed to be) ultra mint condition, new with all tags and case candy.....

Not cheap, but I just HAD TO HAVE this guitar, itīs one of the most iconic guitars I have in my memory, and being a great Satch Fan I just couldnīt stop till getting one of these beauties.I think itīs a good investment too, 88 worlwide...and the finish is way more durable than the Js10th and the JS2prm

Hope to have it here by tomorrow, Iīll post some pics ASAP....nice score to my Js collection (Js1BK, Js10th, JS2PRM and now...JSBDG!).

Still looking for a white Js1 and a Js90th maybe...(if you guys have anyone of this and want to sell, contact me!).I donīt like the Crystal Planet or the Js1000...maybe a JS1000Wh, but I prefer the Edge trem, Satch never used a lo-pro.The Js20th looks good...but not enough to pay the BIG price, the JSBDG is more iconic to me.

Who of you guys have a JSBDG (Rich...I KNOW you do!!!!)??? What can you tell me about this axe in particular and compared to other Jsīs??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Re: JSBDG Black Dog Coming Home...!!!!

hi Steel...

wanting to see pics . so you konw... when the guitar arrives to you, post a lot of pics and.... a VIDEO!!!

saludos.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniJem View Post
hi Steel...

wanting to see pics . so you konw... when the guitar arrives to you, post a lot of pics and.... a VIDEO!!!

saludos.
Well, here are the first quick pics:

In her case with all case candy:

Isnīt she beauty???:

And with the cover that made her famous:

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Nice score! You gonna play it or keep it locked up?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
Nice score! You gonna play it or keep it locked up?
Iīll play her, but gently and with care.

The finish wonīt fade as itīs under clear, just have to be careful, and Iīll change the knobs , tip switch and tremolo bar, wich are not under clear coat.

Anyway Iīm gonna play her at home, at my free smoke studio, and as long as I have like 40 guitars and not a lot of time for playing, wll probably play her less than 2 hours a month, hehehe.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Edge View Post
... I have like 40 guitars...
40 guitars!!!???

man pleaseee! open a thread with pics to see them!
here and in the spanish forums

dani.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniJem View Post
40 guitars!!!???

man pleaseee! open a thread with pics to see them!
here and in the spanish forums

dani.
Itīs not actualized (I have to review the Reb Beach Suhr, Kramer Nightswan, JS JS2PRM, Gibson Slash Les Paul Murphy and a couple more) but:

http://steeledge78.googlepages.com/misguitarras2

Here you can see all my little treasures!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM

awesome collection!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:22 AM

Reviews: 2

I thought my 19 qualified me for a free pass to the insane assylum of my choice. lol. Seriously awesome collection. So many wonderful instruments in your collection. I know you probably have a fav. Which is it? Mine is a JS 1000 wh set up by Gary Brawer. (Not sure if I got the spelling correct on the last name, but he normally sets up Joe's guitars originally). Mine has the "low Joe" set up.

Last edited by belleswell; 12-20-2009 at 06:06 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleswell View Post
I thought my 19 qualified me for a free pass to the insane assylum of my choice. lol. Seriously awesome collection. So many wonderful instruments in your collection. I know you probably have a fav. Which is it? Mine is a JS 1000 wh set up by Gary Brauwer. (Not sure if I got the spelling correct on the last name, but he normally sets up Joe's guitars originally). Mine has the "low Joe" set up.
Brother Jeff! Few questions for you mate.

How does that brauwer set-up guitar play? Is it still possible to bend easily on it? Have you had to adjust your playing much to deal with the super-low action? Is anything made harder having it set up this way? Is the action REALLY that low?!! And, if you don't mind me asking, what did he charge for the joe setup? (you can pm me!).

Now I'm stateside, I was seriously considering sending my prm to him to do the job, but am nervous it's going to make the guitar unplayable for me (note: FOR ME!).

Cheers,
Sukh
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:06 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadfish View Post
Brother Jeff! Few questions for you mate.

How does that brauwer set-up guitar play? Is it still possible to bend easily on it? Have you had to adjust your playing much to deal with the super-low action? Is anything made harder having it set up this way? Is the action REALLY that low?!! And, if you don't mind me asking, what did he charge for the joe setup? (you can pm me!).

Now I'm stateside, I was seriously considering sending my prm to him to do the job, but am nervous it's going to make the guitar unplayable for me (note: FOR ME!).

Cheers,
Sukh
Hi Sukh, PM's sent. Cheers, Jeff

Tags
black dog , flying in a blue dream , jsbdg , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode