JSBDG - BLACKDOG!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

JSBDG - BLACKDOG!!!

I could tell it was coming, that's the only reason I booked the trip to Nasville, and I'm so glad I did!

I LOVE THIS GUITAR!! It's the first guitar in some time that made me feel like a kid in a candy store again.

Who wouldn't love this. Anybody that was into Joe at the time probably fell in love with it also. And Ibanez really did do it right. It's extremely close to the original with just a few minor points only a purest would be bothered with [OK, I wish it said Roadstar Series on the headstock, but I can see why it does say JS Series], but they are minor points. I just hope they put the edition numbers on the guitars this time. It's a rough year when the whole collection buying budget is shot on 2 guitars!

I'm sure you've seen the couple pics they had up on ibanez.com, here are some 1024's of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Re: JSBKD - BLACKDOG!!!

They need better security. Someone drew all over it.
post #3 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 PM

im not to big on js but that guitar looks sweet!
post #4 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:48 PM

Yikes. None for me, thank you. Lol. It does look like someone let their 7 year old go nuts with a silver sharpie. I suppose that's the point, to do a tribute to the original guitar, but I'm sure it cost Satriani like 500 bucks maximum for his original and not 8 grand. In the end isnt it just a JS with a different graphic? I guess its the whole "collector's" thing that makes it cost what it does, but I'm one of those "guitars are meant to be played" people. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the pics though Rich
post #5 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 PM

I was checking this out, as my wife walked in. I said "hey, hon. Check this out"

She took one look at it and said "no" and walked out of the room.

I dig it.
post #6 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 PM

worst.paint job.ever.
post #7 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 AM

As a JS collector, I was originally going to buy a JS20th (still waiting for a call from my dealer). However, As soon as I saw these pics from Rich, I tought "Oh sh*t, may be I can afford a JS20th but I could not possibly and definitely have both of them!"

Glad that people said negative things about how they feel with Black Dog. So, I can make up my mind a lot easier.

PS. Special thanks to GLG421's wife !
post #8 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 AM

Wouahou the price!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is really too expensive.....
post #9 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:14 AM

Satch's last album must've not sold too well and now he needs collectors edition ibanez guitars to sell, hahaha.
post #10 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
HDS

Im happy for you Rich but it isnt a Donnie. Way over cost of what it took to make this guitar. This would be one easy guitar to copy. I see a $1500 guitar with $3 paint marker art work.

This ranks right up there with the $499 Denon 1.5ft CAT5 cable.
post #11 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:28 AM

hey rich, where are the rest of the summer NAMM shots? like ones of the new S
post #12 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:31 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Yikes. None for me, thank you. Lol. It does look like someone let their 7 year old go nuts with a silver sharpie. I suppose that's the point, to do a tribute to the original guitar, but I'm sure it cost Satriani like 500 bucks maximum for his original and not 8 grand. In the end isnt it just a JS with a different graphic? I guess its the whole "collector's" thing that makes it cost what it does, but I'm one of those "guitars are meant to be played" people. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the pics though Rich
Actually, I'm betting it cost Joe $0 since Blackdog was a freebie from Ibanez. Well...maybe he spent $2 on the sharpies. Just puling yer leg, shredder.
I agree with Rich on the sight of the guitar. I used to listen to "Flying" repeatedly in when it came out and stare at the BD on the back of the cd wishing I could own it. But $6,000 street (I'm guessing at 75%), she isn't a player. Get a JS1000 or a 100 and a sharpie to go that route.
Also, Ibanez should sell it with theft insurance.
Sorry...I couldn't resist. LOL!
post #13 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

The 20th is cool, but it doesn't take me back to 1988 the way Blackdog does. To me the SS is more of a Surfing 20th than a JS20th. I think BDG is more in line with what a JS20 should be. If you weren't there back in the day I wouldn't expect you to understand, and if you weren't it'll be a love it or hate it. But very few have to love it with an edition of 88, after me that only leaves 87

There's no way it was going to price point less than the SS, it just wouldn't make any sense. Cutting the units way down and keeping the price point was just smart business. The SS is plagued with back breaking licensing fees from Marvel, but it's also the right time to do it if you're going to.

Bottom line is the JS line gets 2 cool models. Yea, they're expensive, so what, it's an anniversary, and there is the JS20S for those sticking to a budget. Hopefully next year we'll get something cool added to the players lineup, but I for one was very happy to see them do Blackdog now.
post #14 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:36 AM

I love it. I spent way too many hours looking at that guitar on the FIABD cover when I was a kid just starting to play. If I could afford it I'd be all over it. I used to think that guitar was magic.
post #15 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam D. View Post
hey rich, where are the rest of the summer NAMM shots? like ones of the new S
I haven't updated my NAMM 08 section, which I think I'll just add a master SNAMM link on the index page.

The S5470F has it's on page own my New page, pics of the JS20S, the new Xiphos color, something else boring, I'll get them added to the NAMM page. SNAMM is a much smaller display than WNAMM, and I was spending more time talking to cool people than worrying about what Jam packs were coming out for Christmas

Last edited by Rich; 06-21-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Tags
giger series , roadstar series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode