JSCP COA - Just got my CP - but not COA - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

JSCP COA - Just got my CP - but not COA

The title says it all. My CP arrived an hour ago. What a beauty! #003 of 200! Original and unplayed, still in the Ibanez box. In the case was a strap, cable, the guitar bag and this silver cardboard booklet thingy with a viewer window inside. I figure this booklet is for the COA. But it's nowhere to be found. Is there a certificate normally included with this guitar? Or is this cardboard folder for family pictures? "My family gathered around the CP..."

Who's the person to contact in that case?

Thanks everyone,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 11:35 AM

JSCP COA

Yes, there should be a metallic cert. inside the folder, with 003/200 scribbled on it. You can try calling your dealer, they may have a better chance, than you, of getting hold of it. Or, you could call the distributor who originally sent out the CP.

Some Jem10's left without certs too :sarcasm:

Congrats on a great axe!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 06:19 PM

JSCP COA

Call your dealer and get him to resolve this for you. Certs aren't really important if you're going to play it. In any event, at least it's numered on the back of the headstock.

Congrats on the CP!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

JSCP COA

Thanks for all the help! I called the dealer and let him know. He said he'd get right on it. Hopefully I'll have that little piece of paper! Chromeboy is right about it not mattering if I plan to play the guitar, but I'm not sure. It does look cool, though. How did it look on stage when Satch played it? I never got to see that tour.
Eric
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 11:10 AM

JSCP COA

Here's how it looked

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 12:05 PM

JSCP COA

That looks good!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 08:08 PM

JSCP COA

Awesome! Thanks for the pic!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

JSCP COA

Wicked picture! That looks great, iain.

I read somewhere in this very forum that Satch only played the CP for 3 songs (or was it only one?) in his set. Someone disputed the fact that it was because of the weight. What was the reason then?

You see, I'm still wondering if I'm going to play the guitar or keep it in its case as an investment and then sell it off some day -- I got it at a very good price! Everybody who's seen it has remarked "WOW!" the minute I open the case. But I'm afraid of scratching it or something stupid that I may do to such an expensive guitar...
Eric
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 12:51 AM
Vendor

JSCP COA

He kept screwing up one of the runs in Summer Song because he couldn't see the inlays. Look straight down at it, the clear tops are almost invisible untill you look inward a little to see the foil.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

JSCP COA

Hey, that's right! I didn't notice that.

I gig from 5 to 7 nights a week and find that some kind of help for seeing the frets is essential. The best help has been to practise and learn to play everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (little runs, solos, you name it), without looking at the board. That's the only way for me. But I can only do that with one guitar, since every guitar is different. I find that it'll work on one, but not when I switch to another; I can get pretty darn close, but not as perfect as on the main guitar.

BTW I play a silver sparkle Talman on stage with a Fishman piezo bridge. And the guitar is tuned down to Bb! Very heavy strings. Mostly because of my voice, but also because I play bass at the same time.

My point to this is that I remember one aid that Fender put on their Danny Gatton Telecasters, a cubic zirconia side dot marker. It would reflect any tiny amount of light, making a dark club situation no problem at all. I always found that to be a cool and very useful idea.

Eric

Tags
danny gatton , piezo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

knobs for danny gatton tele
danny gatton custom picks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode