Just adopted Eva! - Yep another new Jem addicted! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
JFT

Just adopted Eva! - Yep another new Jem addicted!

Hi Guys,

after hesitating between a JS1000, a 7DBK a 7VWH I finally choosed.... Eva :love:

I fell for her neck...

click here for frets

As soon as I touch her I reached the point of no return :loco:

Seriously I must admit it was a close call... The JS didn't weight a lot in the balance (sorry you JS lover ) but the DBK really impressed me. I must say that I was not a fan of its "tar-like" appearance but it plays so wonderfully and the Breed have some major bite (neck as a nice touch too)... I was getting ready to adopt one when I finally touched Eva... OMG :silly:

While seating myself with her I inadvertibly hit a string (I wasn't looking :doh: ) and I wondered what open string would ring like that.... an E was chimming with just a bit of distortion and I realised: "this can't be the low E (pitch is too high) neither can it be the high E (pitch too low)".... Then I realised it was "just" an harmonic I've never heard harmonic of this class before! Sure the neck was superb compared to the DBK and the finish flawless but the sound WOW I started shaking like leaf after that! It took me 5 minutes to cool down and start to actually play with it.

This axe here in Canada commands a 3K$ price tag... 1200$ more than a DBK and after caressing her neck ( while she caressed my hears ) my mind was set... My heart (and my wallet) were instantly broken.

Truth said, I haven't been playing guitar for long: I started less than 6 months ago. So I didn't expect to feel that much of a difference between the DBK and VWH. But I did....

Glen you told me that I would not have anything to look at if I "weaned" on the 7VWH but you know what... I think I'll have all JEM too look at :biggrin:

BTW this jem is a real GAS terminator (that is for any guitar other than Jem :biggrin

P.S. I know bits a german so "Evo" became "Eva" for me but anybody got a better name for "Snowhite"

EDIT - nice axe. huge JPG changed to link because it causes browser wrapping issues.

(Edited by jemsite at 11:35 am on April 23, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 03:41 AM

Just adopted Eva!

Congrats ! arty:
She's beautiful :love:
But I pity you (), because buying yourself a JEM after only 6 months of playing, you deprived yourself of years of day-dreaming about your 'next guitar'. A real GAS terminator, yes.

You know what ? I'm a bit jealous. The only thing my BSB lacks is the fretboard inlay, and your close-up pic makes me drool...

I'm afraid I have no suggestion for another name... But Eva sounds good, I think.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 08:17 AM

Just adopted Eva!

Hey Congrats on the new guitar!
She's beautiful!!!
I love the close up of the inlay, very nice!

Congrats!

Chris.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 12:54 PM

Just adopted Eva!

yup, agro (what steve named my 7vWH for some reason - but it sticks) won out over a JS1000BP and a 7dBK as well.

and after almost a year, it's been... BRILLIANT. *Personally, the anticipation (i'd wanted that axe for .. two years.. and you don't get 'em in india..) was the killer, but in hindsight, even that was worth it.. just like everything else aboot it.

~A
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 01:04 PM

Just adopted Eva!

CONGRATS!!!!

Nice guitar.. I have a JEM7vwh, and I love it...

Beautiful guitar!!!!

What do you think of EPOCH for a name??? Kinda different but it means an era in time.... kinda wierd..

CONGRATS agin...

MarkY
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 01:20 PM

Just adopted Eva!

nice one and nice inlay

congrats

Simon
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 02:16 PM

Just adopted Eva!

Beautiful! Congratulations.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
JFT

Just adopted Eva!

Thanks you all for the nice comments!

I'll eventually get a higher res picture (without flash) of the inlay

In the mean time here's a body shot from Eva :love:
Eva's Body
Beware this one is big 1280x1024! This is my wallpaper at work :biggrin:

BTW awesome site again! I tuned her yesterday night (she was tuned at ~435 Hz) and the support section was invaluable :read: It's my first axe with a trem so it took me 30 minutes and I would still be on it without the oustanding instruction there!

Now I understand the cult behind the Jem
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 01:37 PM

Just adopted Eva!

CONGRATS!!!

I've got my first *Jem (the 7VWH too!) a couple of weeks ago and i understand completely how you feel. I keep dreaming in my work until the hour i can get home to play it over and over and over... (pst, don't tell this to my boss... i can get a lot of troubles if he knows this.... )

Isn't she the most beautifull guitar in the world?

Armindo
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
JFT

Just adopted Eva!

Hi Armindo,

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing :laugh:

She really is a beauty! (but I wouldn't mind getting my hand on a BFP or FP :biggrin

Congrats to you too!

P.S. If you don't tell my boss I won't tell yours :thumbsup:

(Edited by JFT at 11:55 pm on April 24, 2001)
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 03:20 PM

Reviews: 4
Just adopted Eva!

Quote:
anuj on 12:54 pm on April 23, 2001
yup, agro (what steve named my 7vWH for some reason - but it sticks) won out over a JS1000BP and a 7dBK as well.
When you say Steve named your 7WVH "Agro", do you mean Steve Vai and if so, when and how did he do so?
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 05:57 PM

Just adopted Eva!

Sweet! Congrats!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:34 PM

Just adopted Eva!

Congrats!

Looks like the guitar really stole your heart (and I think I know just why)! :love:

- raijin
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 09:32 PM

Just adopted Eva!

Enjoy the guitar! Congrats!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 11:29 PM
YJM

Just adopted Eva!

I think the inlay on your VWH is really quite neat. Well done!

Eva is another good name. I call my VWH 'Angel'.

-Bill

Tags
beautiful guitar , playing guitar , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode