Just bought this Jem 7v...is it real? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Just bought this Jem 7v...is it real?

Hi guys, I hope to hell this is a real Jem 7v. I do believe it is. I paid $1500 CDN (used of course) and later found out that the guy I bought the guitar from buys and sells numerous guitars around the city, he's in a local band, etc; so, he's not some guy hanging out the back of a white van. A friend of mine who is very guitar savvy has purchased 2 guitars from this guy; both original, good quality guitars. I've done consideral research on this forum in terms of what items to look for to see if it's a "Chibanez". This guitar looks stunning, feels amazing and plays great and even comes with the original receipt (I forgot to scan it and post it, duh!). Sounds good but not great through my Marshall Valvestate 8270. So, here are the pics. The only thing I was slightly concerned about was a bit if "bubbling" on the gold paint on the Tremolo. "Ibanez" is engrained on the tremolo as well. Here is a link to the pics: http://picasaweb.google.ca/djkctech/IbanezJem7v#
I can be contacted at: [email protected]. Let me know what you think in terms of the price v.s. condition and if you think I got a deal. I think I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 AM

Re: Just bought this Jem 7v...is it real?

It's real. The "bubbling" or "pitting" on the trem is normal. The previous owner probably had sweaty hands and this is typical.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 AM

You did allright, the tremolo arm itself looks bent, Ive seen people modify them like that, if it doesnt bother you keep it, if it does replace that, otherwise looks to be in decent condition. Evolution pickups take some getting used to. Id suggest playing them through a tube amp though.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks VERY much guys, although I was pretty sure it was real, I needed some re-assuring! The guy told me it's not the original whammy bar...I should have mentioned that, sorry.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM

Always a smart idea to buy a guitar and then find out AFTERWARD whether it's real or not.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

You are absolutely right..it was downright DUMB to drop almost 2 grand without knowing 100% if it was real or not. I will never do that again. But, I've been playing guitars long enough and have seen enough fakes so I was confident in my judgement call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns74 View Post
Always a smart idea to buy a guitar and then find out AFTERWARD whether it's real or not.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Ive seen some pretty good looking fakes to be honest. Makes me wonder what these counterfeiters could do if they spend a little extra loving care on them.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 06:34 PM

Dunno worry, its real deal. So far i have not seen fakes with EdgePro trem, basically that is the first thing you should ta a look at. Congradz!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:56 AM

Reviews: 65

The real deal.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:44 AM

Reviews: 11

Wow.. Congrats! I love these white jems. I almost bought one once. It was with buzz feiten system and fernandes sustainer.. And now I regret not buying it.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:33 AM

nice
Closed Thread

Tags
jem7v

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode