Just got my JEM/JPM page up, with videos. Let me know! - My - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Just got my JEM/JPM page up, with videos. Let me know! - My

Hey eveyone. I just got my web page up, with info and pics/movies of my Ibanez guitars. I've been playing about 2 years now and am curious on how I'm doing, and what better what then to have you long time players critique my playing. Download the movies and lemme know! Thanks!

http://www.portjeff.net/johnmatt/mymain.html

(Edited by Matt55655 at 12:14 am on Feb. 17, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 03:40 AM

Reviews: 2
Just got my JEM/JPM page up, with videos. Let me know!

Thats some incredible progress for two years man. It sounds like youve been pretty deticated, and thats what it takes. Keep it up.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 10:12 AM

Hah ha! *I like your lick selection there. *I also liked the pained look you got on your face on the second video (the last section of Metropolis 1), the same thing happens to me on that part. *Now if you want to get a really pained look, try learning the solo from Fatal Tragedy, sweet Jesus it's nasty.

I'm only up to 84 bpm on the first part and its supposed to be 136...

Oh yah, I also liked your site, especially the bonus video of JP. *Check out my guitar site (click on the red house by my name). *I just updated it.

(Edited by lgascoig at 10:17 am on Feb. 17, 2001)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 10:26 PM

Where is this Bonus JP video?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 09:16 AM

If you look at his guitars, take a peek at his 7DBK and then scroll all the way to the bottom. *There is a video clip of Peruvian Skies, Lie, and one other that I can't remember. *Pretty cool...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 10:51 AM

Man, what have you been eating?! Two years?!?!?!

Excellent stuff. Love the site.

In all seriousness, because I'm very interested in personal development on the guitar (and generally), how much time did you put into practicing, and how did you approach the learning process? What did you have difficulty with, what did you find easier?

If this is off-topic, then mail me or something, but I feel it could be worthwhile to the divine Jemsite community.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 12:02 PM

Are the extra videos gone now? *I dont see them.

BTW, you've just inspired me to learn the Metropolis hard stuff because I've been playing for 9 years now, and can't do it. *But if you, I guess I just need to put a little more time into it. *I'll admit, Im kinda lazy when it comes to that stuff. *Not anymore. *PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 10:12 PM

I suggest learning the second section that Matt did. *After playing for about 3 hours a day solid for 2 1/2 years I stopped playing for 2 years and then started again. *When I started again I began with that second section of Met 1 because a friend at work gave me his IaW tab book. *It is VERY possible to learn that part even if your skills have depeleated significantly because after not playing for 2 years I was able to pick it up in about a month. *It also sounds really good...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 08:51 PM

Yeah, I think the videos are no longer there. Legality issues ..., what happened matt?

Tags
ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode