Just ordered my JS-2410.... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered my JS-2410....

I fell in love instantly with my JS-1000, and now have made the leap of faith in ordering a JS-2410 without ever even trying one. I've been drooling over the JS-2400 ever since I saw it on youtube, so I figure it's a save bet I will love the 2410. Anybody here have a 2410? Comments? Am I crazy for dropping $2500 plus taxes on an axe I have yet to even touch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 11:09 PM

Re: Just ordered my JS-2410....

Congrats, you'll love it. It's a beautiful guitar.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughlinkelly View Post
I fell in love instantly with my JS-1000, and now have made the leap of faith in ordering a JS-2410 without ever even trying one. I've been drooling over the JS-2400 ever since I saw it on youtube, so I figure it's a save bet I will love the 2410. Anybody here have a 2410? Comments? Am I crazy for dropping $2500 plus taxes on an axe I have yet to even touch?
I'd say YES.
don't get me wrong, but spending that kind of cash on a guitar always seemed way too much for me. I know they're really well made and everything, but it's still incredibly steep for being a "mass produced" guitar. And this comes from a long time JS lover.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag8 View Post
I'd say YES.
don't get me wrong, but spending that kind of cash on a guitar always seemed way too much for me. I know they're really well made and everything, but it's still incredibly steep for being a "mass produced" guitar. And this comes from a long time JS lover.
I agree. However, 1000's and 1200's are at great prices now cause everyone wants the new toy on the block.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 06:52 PM

2410 is amazing! I love mine! It just begs you to pick it up and play it. Good luck getting one. They haven't been easy to come by. Enjoy when you get it!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 07:56 PM

Cool Re: Just ordered my JS-2410....

It's the sweetest guitar I own - I love mine. I owned a JS1000 as well and this one blows it away - congrats.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

awesome, thanks for feedback guys! I agree, dropping that much cash is crazy but I've spent more on other guitars I own so it's all relative. Let's just say I'm not hurting for cash lol....can't wait !!!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

K, I thought long and hard and decided to not order the JS-2410. I usually buy all my signature guitars used and have saved thousands in the process. I really can't justify the cost, eventhough I can afford it. I just don't want to be dumb. I did the research on the JS24P and the components & neck overall are excellent. Yes, it won't be a 2410 but for my needs I think it will be a sweet guitar; like a high end RG. I get the impression that it's way better than the much cheaper JS-100's. Picking up the 24P today and will let you know how it is.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 06:55 PM

No worries. You have to do what feels right. If that is what makes you happy, then so be it.

Enjoy!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM

IMHO it all comes down to sound, feel and what you can afford. Of all the guitars I have ever played the JS has amazing feel. I'm not to worried about the price tag for this instrument because I really like the instrument. For me it has the best neck. But those specs you can get w/ any of the JS series. The look of the 2410 is special. The issue I have always had w/ the JS series is the tone. I really wish it had a heavier beefier tone. I guess that could be fixed with a simple swap of the bridge pickup but w/ the JS2410 finding s pickup to match the orange could be tough. Anyone have thoughts?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
K, I thought long and hard and decided to not order the JS-2410. I usually buy all my signature guitars used and have saved thousands in the process. I really can't justify the cost, eventhough I can afford it. I just don't want to be dumb. I did the research on the JS24P and the components & neck overall are excellent. Yes, it won't be a 2410 but for my needs I think it will be a sweet guitar; like a high end RG. I get the impression that it's way better than the much cheaper JS-100's. Picking up the 24P today and will let you know how it is.
How did it turn out for you?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egin3 View Post
IMHO it all comes down to sound, feel and what you can afford. Of all the guitars I have ever played the JS has amazing feel. I'm not to worried about the price tag for this instrument because I really like the instrument. For me it has the best neck. But those specs you can get w/ any of the JS series. The look of the 2410 is special. The issue I have always had w/ the JS series is the tone. I really wish it had a heavier beefier tone. I guess that could be fixed with a simple swap of the bridge pickup but w/ the JS2410 finding s pickup to match the orange could be tough. Anyone have thoughts?
I agree with you. This is not to say the guitar isn't great. I love the JS guitars, but I don't think they are worth THAT much. Same goes for some of the JEMs.

Find what you need used in good condition and you'll be glad you did. A lot of times someone drops the money on one and they put it back up for sale because they either don't like it, or their wife found out and wants to choke them. So you can pick up a really good deal if you're quick. Just watch ebay and one will come up. They always do.

A lot of us place different values on the dollar. I was poor as a kid so 2500 dollars to me is still a lot of money today even though I have it.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

I ended up getting the JS24P which was a BEAUTIFUL guitar but it still didn't "do" it for me. And I refuse to pay $2600 for the JS-2410, so I'm going to wait. I returned the JS24P and took about a $100 hit (restocking fee). Met Satriani though and got front row center seats but that's another posting!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I ended up getting the JS24P which was a BEAUTIFUL guitar but it still didn't "do" it for me. And I refuse to pay $2600 for the JS-2410, so I'm going to wait. I returned the JS24P and took about a $100 hit (restocking fee). Met Satriani though and got front row center seats but that's another posting!
Perhaps you should have just gotten the 2410? I never regret getting mine. It completely impressed me in build quality and playability. I have some great guitars to compare it with at home.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 02:29 PM

Hell, I would build my own with everything the way I wanted it. You can probably do that for maybe a grand-1200 bucks and end up with something really nice.

Have you ever considered that?

Tags
js-1000 , js-2410 , satch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode