Just refinished my MC - check out the pics - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Just refinished my MC - check out the pics

I've had my MC now for over a year and a half, and after getting somewhat bored with it's appearance I decided to refinish it. I think the new finish has taken it to a whole new level of obnoxiousness! Whaddya think?

Before:

After:

It actually used to be much more reminiscent of my UV77-MC, but now I may have taken it too far! Makes me wonder if fish are colorblind?

Current residents: 2 bala sharks, 2 rainbow sharks, 2 other sharks (they've got flat heads), 2 white skirt tetras, 3 red serpae tetras, 1 black mollie, 1 green mollie, 2 longfin danios, 1 brick swordtail, 1 upside-down catfish, and 1 really big plecostomus

Soon to be added: 1 twig catfish, 1 chinese algae eater, and probably a couple more mollies (they're very friendly fish)

Enjoy!
--B

PS-- Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I'm sure someone [email protected]#$ near had a heart attack when I mentioned that I refinished an MC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 09:18 PM

A clear jem body and maybe an electric eel for solo boosts and you are the man.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 10:06 PM

Wow...That's bright.

Ok, I just had an idea.

A custom JEM or UV body like this: http://www.encyclopedia-metallica.co...nt/kwave.shtml

But with little plastic fish floating at the point where blue meets clear, and invert the colours (i.e., bottom half blue). I have a plastic cup and soap dispenser like this in my bathroom, and I think it would make a really really tacky guitar.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 10:33 PM

Reviews: 30
I thought the wavecaster was actually mostly hollow acrylic with blue wave fluid moving throughout the whole body? I think you may just see the bouyancy(sp?) of the wave fluid allowing it to basically sit on top of the water. But still a very kick-ass idea.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 11:17 PM

that MC fishtank just needs an ibanez logo!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:20 AM

In all honesty, I have to say that I liked it better in the before picture.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:57 AM

So do I... Sorry
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 09:33 AM

Have your fish swirled. Darren said he could swirl anything.

Gabe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

That's all right... I think I liked it a little better before, too.

All the plants and rocks I had in there before had suffered from some pretty major algae build-up, and when I went to the aquarium shop to get replacementsthese caught my attention. They really didn't look that bright in the store, but once I got them in the aquarium and turned on the light, WHOA!

Of course, I could go buy another set of plants and rocks, but I'll probably leave the aquarium this way through the winter. With all the grey & general blah going on outside it's nice to see a little (or a lot of) color when I wake up in the morning.

I just figured if anybody was suffering from lack of color in their lives, this would do the trick!

--B
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:43 AM

It's "alien water kiss swirl"!
JS
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
Have your fish swirled. Darren said he could swirl anything.

Gabe
dammit!!

Tags
custom jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode