Just snagged this one! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Just snagged this one!

So this is my go at Jem #2. The first 7vwh I won back in February, The seller decided to keep my money and not send the guitar. After months of police reports and headaches with paypal I was only able to get half my money back. I guess it was gods way of saying it just wasn't meant to be. He must have been right because it didnt have the 7vwh neck on it, there was a Jem555 neck on it instead because the "original broke." That was then and this is now, last night I won an auction for what looks to be a mint 07 7vwh. Do you guys think this was a good deal?

evilbay# 330278573507

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Re: Just snagged this one!

Looks nice, but with shipping I don't think it's that great of a deal.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 PM

The price was pretty good for a mint 07' 7VWH, assuming you don't find any blems on it when it arrives. Saves you about 800 off retail. I've seen similar go for around $1,700.
Congrats!
Thank God you didn't get that other one, Sorry you lost the money though! What was paypal's reason for not refunding the full ammount??
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Because there was no money in his paypal account they couldn't give me the rest of my money. Paypal is really good at promising you that everything will be ok but in reality they just don't care. Its partially my fault for not paying with a credit card. I used my debit card and got screwed. There was an 08 that was new for 1650 2 days ago but when I went to go buy it, the thing was gone!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Vendor

Watch his auctions, when he sells something worth enough to cover the difference, then call Paypal 2 days later and tell them he should have the rest of the money in his account that they couldn't recover for you. Tell them you'd like it now.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

After I got screwed, he closed his account and created one very similar. Different location (still in the LA area) but I really didn't have definitive proof that it was him.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Angry Re: Just snagged this one!

Curses, damn scammer! Curses!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Just got a tracking number from Jem #2, looks like it will be here mid next week. Ill be sure to post shots with its sister.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Reviews: 1

Make sure you inspect it very well when it arrives.
I just bought austxjim's (jemsite member) 2007 js1000bp. It got damaged in shipping.
He insured it for me, so I'm making a claim to fix the tone pot & also make ups pay for a good set up.
Jim was great about it the whole way.
Jim even communicated to ups for me attempting to make it easier on me.
It didn't get hit in shipping, it was more like something heavy was set on top of it, right where the tone knob is on the face of the guitar.
I am going to have it inspected to make sure there is no damage other than the tone pot.
You can see images:
http: //i350.photobucket.com/albums/q414/bss3/js1000bp_tknob1.jpg
http: //i350.photobucket.com/albums/q414/bss3/js1000bp_tknob2.jpg
Or my post about it here:
h ttp://w ww.jemsite.com/forums/f21/js1000bp-tone-knob-coil-tap-switch-issue-82910.html
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Vendor

You've got a .05% chance of UPS approving a claim. It's not their fault the pots can't hold together, and if they aren't protected when shipping in a TJC case you've got a 25% chance of blowing one out [and a 50% chance it's got a NJFC]. You're lucky the shaft didn't completely blow out and the knob and shaft end up rolling around on top of the body.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

It arrived today (pictures later) and cosmetically the guitar is an 8.5-9/10. The only flaw in the finish is a small dent in the headstock. Now onto the more serious matter, around the G-B-E strings on frets 1-5 they are dented/worn to the point where it effects playability. However no other frets seem to be worn. Electronically the hot wire going to the output jack came loose and was causing connection problems (wasn't an issue). Overall I am fairly pleased with my purchase, I just need to see what the seller has to say about the fret issue.

Regardless what he says I am going to fix the problem but I just want to see what he has to say first.

Ill put up some pictures later after I get this whole fret issue squared away!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM

I just saw the listing . . .

Mint - Like New and no fretwear seems a little misrepresented going by what you're saying. I wouldn't be happy about that. . .

"This is a MINT -like new Ibanez Jem bought on 01-20-07 for $US2,099.99 at Guitar Center Beaverton, Oregon. It has the evolution Dimarzio pickups, Edge Pro Floyd Rose licsenced bridge, the rounder J type profile neck, vine inlay in rosewood, and gold hardware. No cosmetical damages at all I can find, the guitar has been in the case most of time since I bought it because I almost never played it. No fret wear, No scratches, No buckle scratches, As I mentioned, it is MINT."

This sounds like my guitar. . . which pretty much sits in the case. If I sent it to you. . .you'd think it's new. Frets don't get worn from sitting in the case. . . Its a killer guitar anyway. . but I just don't think that's very honest from the seller. Had he been truthful maybe you wouldn't have paid as much as you did (even though it wasn't that expensive). You know what I mean?

Last edited by Lordiesel; 10-30-2008 at 07:47 PM.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

The dents have like string imprints, which leads me to believe there wasn't any fret wear. It is almost like something hit the string really hard causing it to leave an imprint. Im about to replace the 5 problem frets here in a few minutes. Its not really a big deal because I was going to give the guitar a setup anyway.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 PM

Reviews: 1

---

Or my post about it here:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/js...sue-82910.html---
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

I almost have the new frets level with the old ones...I am really curious as to why they took so much stock off the frets while leveling, it really feels like there is nothing left lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode