Just wanted to celebrate the purchase of my LNG! Yeah, baby! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Just wanted to celebrate the purchase of my LNG! Yeah, baby!

Being 34 years old, I still favor the original Shocking pink, Desert Sun yellow, and Loch Ness Green Jems from when I was a kid. So I FINALLY got a LNG from a dude that had TWO! He originally bought them from the world famous Rich Harris. This guy had an almost flawless one and a slightly used one. I got the slightly used one from him for only $900! It looked like he has a ton of money, so I got real lucky! The body had one teeny tiny ding on the tip of the bottom horn, but no other blemishes. The Edge had no pitting or signs of wear. The knobs looked brand new. The headstock and tuners looked fantastic. The frets were showroom perfect, but the pickups and neck had some grime. I think it was from his smoking. I have to try and figure out how to get the grime off the neck. It is minimal, but it may be worth a shot at trying to remove it. The humbuckers have weird grime on them and I figure the pink will wear right off if I try to remove the grime. I might just put them on eBay and get new ones... maybe. It did not come with the original pink lined case or the LNG Edge palm rest. I would love to put pics of my new/old LNG on here, but I don't know how you post pics. If anyone has any grime removal suggestions, any congratulations for me, any input on how to post pics, or if you are selling a pink lined case, please feel free to tell me! Jems rule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 AM

Well done man, thats an awesome price for a cool guitar. Enjoy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 08:34 AM

Wow! congrats on your new guitar!
I've wanted a LNG since the very 1st time I saw Steve with it waaaay back then. I wish they'd re-release it with the AANJ & a vine I'd definately get one!
what would that be?.....a Jem7vlng.....cool

anyway, to post pics click on the "Img" button, then insert your pic, then click "Img" again. I'm not sure if you actually NEED to add the 2nd "Img" but I've done it in the past & it's worked for me.
hope this helps!

Peace!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 09:58 AM

My favorite Jem! Jeremy is actually building me one, right now. Since they're a ltd. edition signed by Steve, I'd end up putting an original it in it's case, and not end up using it to play. I just couldn't see spending that much on a guitar, and then not be able to play it. That's how I looked at it, anyway.

How about you? Is this one a player, or more of a collectors piece?

Hey, SRVoodoo- Do you mean like this? http://www.angeloguitars.com/sv.html
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname
My favorite Jem! Jeremy is actually building me one, right now. Since they're a ltd. edition signed by Steve, I'd end up putting an original it in it's case, and not end up using it to play. I just couldn't see spending that much on a guitar, and then not be able to play it. That's how I looked at it, anyway.

How about you? Is this one a player, or more of a collectors piece?

Hey, SRVoodoo- Do you mean like this? http://www.angeloguitars.com/sv.html
Nice!
like that but with a green vine & 6 strings....I barely have a handle on six strings let alone SEVEN
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 10:30 AM

Look above the seven string.

Yeah, a green vine would be nice! I'd probably put a black pickguard on it, too. Overall, it's a really nice looking guitar, though!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys - I will have a "couch" shot tonight posted once I get home from work.
I definitely agree Ibanez should re-release the LNG with a twist or two. It would be such an all out, frontal assault on the grunge/alternative/non-shredder crowd out there right now...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 12:11 PM

I'd LOVE to see the neon colors come back, but, there's probably still to much of a stigma attached to the 80's rock bands. I guess people just don't like having colors, and FUN, anymore...

I think that it's STARTING to turn around a bit, but we still have a long way to go.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 01:00 PM

I choose mine for the features:
AANJ & Evo pickups. Mine is on 03 (7vwh)
I thought the white showed the vine the best.
I WAS going to get the floral until I found out that the neck pocket was the original cutaway
One thing I know is that when I get my next Jem it's gonna be from Rich
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 01:58 PM

The pink won't wear off of the pickups- they're not painted The bobbins are made from pink plastic.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

I guess I will try and rub off the grime from the pickups - THANKS!

I tried posting a pic, but it didn't work... I am a computer idiot... kill me...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 06:52 AM

i´ve got my LNG also last week, but NOT for this price you lucky one!

Here´s mine in dead mint condition:

http://www.andreashammer.net/Gear/sld023.htm
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Wow! Your LNG pics look fantastic! I had better take pics of mine before I put a million dings on it!!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 10:05 PM

dannybigtime - what number is your LNG?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 10:57 PM

VERY cool! I hope you enjoy!

Tags
black pickguard , evo pickups , loch ness green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode