Just wondering - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Question Just wondering

I was just wondering if it would be considered unethical of me to have my computer whiz friend devise a virus that I could send to people selling Chibanez guitars. It would be sent as a question to the seller, and upon him opening the question his computer would just start flashing a message along the lines of "Stop selling fakes". Then I could offer to sell him a "stunning exquisite new computer device", which when he received it would be a shoebox painted white with an empty cd case taped to it (D drive) and a paper clip mounted on the front (USB port). Of course the shoebox would contain a dead fish (to bring him and his family lots of good luck). This would be illegal, yes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Re: Just wondering

Yes in america.. LOL

but your in Germany so it might not be..

go do some research.. I would love to see it implemented.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 04:09 PM

I can't see how you could send someone a virus thru 3bays ask seller a question feature because its server side, your not actually sending the message, 3bay is..
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 04:16 PM

Yeah, it wouldn't work. First off, you would be sending him an e-bay message, which is text only. Secondly, you would need him to download something for him to get the virus, or make him follow a link to get a "stop selling fakes" message. In which case, he'll just laugh and move on to the next question.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

OK, so I ask him if he would trade his Jem for my PRS, pics are in the link. Scam the scammer. Come on guys, I'm just playing here, jeez.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 11:18 PM

lol you must be bored.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 12:50 AM

hey, it's worth a try. these guys are ripping off people like steve vai, and satriani, even gilbert, who have basically put their life into this instrument. how do they expect these guys to make a living, if they are creating these mediocre hunks of wood?

go for it dude. all the way

Tags
ibanez guitars , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode