Korea made jem with F serial number? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By jono
  • 1 Post By sepulchrave
  • 2 Post By jono

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Korea made jem with F serial number?

Hi there

I’m looking to buy a jem that has a serial number starting with F and says that it is made in Korea? Is this a legit guitar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:41 AM

Re: Korea made jem with F serial number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asstone7 View Post
Hi there

Iím looking to buy a jem that has a serial number starting with F and says that it is made in Korea? Is this a legit guitar?
No, all F serial numbers are MIJ, a Korean Jem would start with a C, yours is neither so it's a fake.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchrave View Post
No, all F serial numbers are MIJ, a Korean Jem would start with a C, yours is neither so it's a fake.
https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-ibanez_eng.php

not all Korean models start with C, but F should be from Japan. If it the SN on the neck starts with F but it says made in Korea it is probably not legit. If you can, you could always take the neck off and look for stamps on the neck or in the neck pocket.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 04:22 PM

Awesome, which Korean JEMs don't start with C, or are you just arguing the toss from boredom?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:25 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-ibanez_eng.php

not all Korean models start with C, but F should be from Japan. If it the SN on the neck starts with F but it says made in Korea it is probably not legit. If you can, you could always take the neck off and look for stamps on the neck or in the neck pocket.
Quote:
Awesome, which Korean JEMs don't start with C, or are you just arguing the toss from boredom?
I believe they provided a link with all the information, so I don't know why you're needing to be rude there.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM

Why was my information inaccurate, the only Korean JEM is the 555, they were all made in the Cort factory before it relocated to Indonesia so all their serials start with a C. How is it rude to point that out?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I meant that not ever guitar out of Korea has a C. The letter is indicative of the manufacturer and there are multiple manufacturers in Korea. Does that mean there are Jem Jrs out there with something other than a C, I don't know. I simple wanted to raise the point that it was possible for there to be something out there with a letter other than C and it still be legit. The new ones are indo made and start with I.

I did a little more research and there has been a rash of JEM knockoff scams with C serial numbers. The guitar in question is almost certainly fake.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/...-REALLY-STUPID
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Why was my information inaccurate, the only Korean JEM is the 555, they were all made in the Cort factory before it relocated to Indonesia so all their serials start with a C. How is it rude to point that out?
It's not "that" you pointed it out, it's "how" you pointed it out. If you'd said "all the JEM555s were made in the Cort factory in Korea, which is why the serial numbers on the Korean JEMs all start with a C" the first time, then it would have been a far more appropriate reply, the attitude simply wasn't needed.

Try to take that on board.
Hoseki likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Quote:
It's not "that" you pointed it out, it's "how" you pointed it out. If you'd said "all the JEM555s were made in the Cort factory in Korea, which is why the serial numbers on the Korean JEMs all start with a C" the first time, then it would have been a far more appropriate reply, the attitude simply wasn't needed.

Try to take that on board.
You're being unreasonable, and it's not the first time.

Grownups have disagreements, the guy contradicted me when my information was accurate so I responded, another guy takes offense on behalf of him and you wade in, this is simply ridiculous, last time a guy swore at me and I swore back you infracted me about three weeks after it was all over.

Why can't you just leave it be, people from different parts of the world with different standards of English will write differently, no permanent offense has been caused or taken by anyone here.

You don't need to get in the middle if there's nothing happening.
Dave55 likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:57 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:

Grownups have disagreements, the guy contradicted me when my information was accurate so I responded, another guy takes offense on behalf of him and you wade in, this is simply ridiculous, last time a guy swore at me and I swore back you infracted me about three weeks after it was all over.

Why can't you just leave it be, people from different parts of the world with different standards of English will write differently, no permanent offense has been caused or taken by anyone here.

Please don't moderate a moderator. TIA.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Cutting the pleasantries, let me put this on a level you might understand. Your general attitude is unacceptable. Change it if you wish to continue posting here.
moebius and peromucho7 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in