Leaving Ibanez guitars - No more jems for me - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 05:44 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

Congratulations. Alot of people never find their "ideal" guitar.

Just because you play a PRS exclusively, doesn't mean you can't hang out. Don't be a stranger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 06:23 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

Am I the only one that is not that impressed with PRS guitars?? *There nice and all but I don't think they are that great. *A Les Paul has more sustain (but are heavier I guess), Any Jem or RG has a much better Trem, the I prefer the les Paul or Jem pickups (PAF or Breed, I don't like the Evos) and I think that the necks are just ok. *All the ones I have seen have only 22 frets. *

They are good but don't do anything really well just alot pretty good. *I would rather switch to a the guitar that does what I want great.

On my 3 section guitar stand: *Jem DBK, 54 les paul and 74 tele custom.
post #18 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 06:38 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Leaving Ibanez guitars

glad you found your "perfect guitar". That is why there are so many makes and models ...glen
post #19 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Leaving Ibanez guitars

Quote:
Quote: from jimmi on 6:23 pm on June 5, 2001
Am I the only one that is not that impressed with PRS guitars?? *
Nope, I'm not that impressed with them either, I'm sure they're great guitars, they're just not for me
post #20 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 08:22 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

...some are rich, some aren't...
post #21 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Leaving Ibanez guitars

Quote:
Quote: from Mirrored CAT on 10:22 pm on June 5, 2001
...some are rich, some aren't...
I'm poor I just go with out some things like nice clothes, and shoes and I still live with my parents Guitars where more of a priority to me then a new mustang or a playstation 2 or even g3 tickets.
post #22 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 08:53 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

Though I do love my PRS', I've hardly given up on Ibanez. *I've still got one of each swirled JEM & UV, a BFP, LNG, a JS10, a Crystal Planet and a few others. *For what I'm doing right now, the PRS & Strat just seem to work better. *I've never been much of a tremolo guy, so my PRS' have fixed bridges and my Strat is blocked. *Deep down, I think I'll always be a JEM man, but...I agree that there is a tool for every job. *
post #23 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 10:52 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

I am expreiencing the same thing. *I went to a rehearsal tonight, and initially had planned on playing the Jem all night, but after two tunes, I put it down and only picked it up again to pack it up.

The rig will do it, and with my "rig" (or lack thereof) the Jem is a guitar that would suit me in special circumstances, but not in the majority of the things I am playing. *If only I could play two guitars at the same time.......

NOW - who's got the comments about how many guitars I've moved along? *I guess some of you are flying below the radar........and I thought I had a lot of guitars in the last year! *
post #24 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 04:38 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

Hehe 52 guitars...cool!
Do you have some pictures of your collection ? :-)
post #25 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Leaving Ibanez guitars

I have some pics of 20 0r 30 grouped together around here some where I'll find them and post them I never took a pic with them all some I bought and then sold them with in the same week because I could tell after a few days if it was "the" guitar for me
post #26 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 07:09 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

Tell you what, I'll take all of your Jems off you for $200 as you won't be needing them anymore.

It's nice to hear you've got what you want. I like the idea of a swirled PRS, though. Photos, PLEASE!
post #27 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 11:16 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

I'm still searching for mine, in the meantime I'll play my 7620 and my Strat (took the existing finish off, added an antique walnut finish/stain, in the process of throwing a set of EMG hums w/a nice new pearloid pickguard) I'm not completely happy with the black finish on the 7620 nor the fretboard wood, but everything else is just right. I tend to have to clean the 7620 whenever I touch it, but the Fender is oblivious to even the greasiest of palms.
post #28 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 06:50 PM

Leaving Ibanez guitars

I have never been dedicated to one guitar. My main is my old 560 swirled but I have LP's and Strats that I play also.

PRS's aren't my cup o tea, but thats just my hands, that's all.

If you only play one type of guitar you are missing out on a bunch of sounds IMO...

I have an Anderson on the way and I am psyched to get it....

Dave
post #29 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Leaving Ibanez guitars

My Tom Anderson strat is a all walnut body with a all rosewood neck and fingerboard and koa inlays and skunk strip its walnut body makes it very heavy and it makes it smells like an old cigar box. it has a gold pickguard and Anderson pickups its cool but I could not play it all not its heavery then a lp.it was a satin finshes that I have to wax up about once a month. *
post #30 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Re: Leaving Ibanez guitars - No more jems for me

i have 22 ibanez guitars. im 41 and have been playing them forever. on stage and in the studio. i like my strats and my lp and my 58/59 jazzmaster.

but the ibanez guitars especially my newer rgt 2020 are the kings of my stock!

Tags
alex lifeson , beautiful guitar , brian moore , bridge pickup , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom shop , deluxe strat , duncan pickups , ebony fretboard , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , fixed bridge , fretboard wood , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , guitar shop , hamer standard , hardtail jem , hollow body , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem dbk , jem neck , jem pickups , johnny hiland , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , locking tuners , monkey grip , neck pickup , parker fly , pearloid pickguard , peavey classic , prs guitar , prs guitars , rosewood neck , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , signature guitar , sounding guitar , steve morse , strat sound , string acoustic , string tension , swirled jem , trem block , trem guitar , tung oil , van halen , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode