Leaving Ibanez guitars - No more jems for me - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 03:52 PM

Re: Leaving Ibanez guitars - No more jems for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAkuma
I probably will never find the perfect guitar because I play too many styles But I salute anyone who can truly say they have 'the one'
I just found this Carvin for $450 that I thought killed a Jackson that is 5 times the price... and it sounded killer through a Peavey Classic 50 too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=brothersnowgone]I've completely left all guitars companies, including Ibanez. Just cause I can make a guitar with the quality of a $2-3000 guitar for $7-900 and I know its quality cause I make everything from raw materials and I trust myself more than I do anyone else when it comes to being a perfectionist. Another reason is that I don't like the fact that if I buy a guitar already made, I don't get to choose all the aspects of it (maple, rosewood, or ebony fretboard, mahogany, maple, rosewood, ebony body or any other wood for that matter and I choose pick-ups and do fretting myself) The only stuff I really buy already made is hardware. I also get the pleasure of saying "I made them" when people ask me who I had do my custom guitar(s)...[/QU

Exactly what Im starting to do.
post #63 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 PM

I wish I could build my own. I'd gig with it - or at least find a song I could play it for. If it's the biggest piece of **** ever I could still have pride in it because I made it!
post #64 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

Enjoy the Guitar Journey into other places.
post #65 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I probably will never find the perfect guitar because I play too many styles But I salute anyone who can truly say they have 'the one'
I wish I could find that ''one'' some day. And the hardest part of finding it is that you have to try so many different guitars. Custom made guitar would be cool.
post #66 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:47 PM

I know what you mean. If PRS makes 7 strings, that's where I would be. What about when you break a string on the PRS while playing with the band? I usually told them to have a zip of water and by the time they are done, I'm done, and without putting down the guitar.

But, I still like my Universe and the STW.
post #67 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 07:11 AM

Whoa this thread is old.
post #68 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 07:24 PM

wholy **** this is old. i just looked at the date.

what the ****.

but yeah. never cared for prs's. Tried a 7vwh with a prs and didnt care for the neck and the feel of the body.
post #69 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 07:28 PM

I'm suprised the OP hasn't posted in the thread actually as i've seen him around the boards but mostly in the members market section.

In terms of finding 'the one' I personally couldn't imagine finding one guitar that I could never imagine wanting to better. I think it's personally because i'm young and have played probably very few guitars in comparison with many older members on here, and also because right now I couldn't imagine wanting a better 'all in one' guitar other than my Jem7v.

To be honest I think at the moment i'd be perfectly happy with 3 guitars to cover everything:

- Jem (with piezo)
- 7 String also with piezo if possible, locking trem with tremol-no.
- 7 String acoustic (Planning on getting one from Emeraldguitars(.com) around April time).

I can't imagine wanting more guitars for general useage other than wanting to get a specific sound eg you can never really replicate a proper strat sound. etc.
post #70 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 05:53 PM

Funny... I recently sold my PRS Black/grey Custom 10 top with birdinlays -92 (U know about the necks).
I kept my JEM10th cause it seems to be more "biting".
the PRS is good (Ill buy anotherone when Im 64 ).
but for now Im 40+ and you all know about the crisis...
A sturdy good ol PRS will take good care of me in the later years
GL man and See U at the "end"
post #71 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 03:51 AM

I have to admit I could not see me NOT having a JEM, they sum up everything thats good about rock n roll and even though I am a picky person by nature I do love my DBK and 777DVY, maybe it the wizard neck? I think the DBK has the sound I was looking for, but the Deluxe Strat provides outstanding blues tones. For me no single guitar can ever give me the pure blues Strat sound and the bright harmonic bliss of the JEM because you just can't switch between to such different tones on each pickup on a guitar

Oh well I will just have to live with a few outstanding quality guitars, oh how I suffer in the name of music !
post #72 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Oh well I will just have to live with a few outstanding quality guitars, oh how I suffer in the name of music !
At least you don't have to live with only a few outstanding quality CDs or songs... get old pretty fast!
post #73 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 PM

Re: Leaving Ibanez guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono
I recently did a very similar thing. I went out searching for a new guitar, "the" guitar. I tried almost everything *I could get my hands on. ESP KH 2's (regular and a very nice playing relic) a couple of George Lynch models, Wolfgang and EB/MM EVH and Axis, a 4000 Blade superstrat, Parker Flys, Jacksons, Andersons, PRS.

All of them were great, great guitars especially the KH2 relic!!! In the end I decided to keep with the Ibanez guitars and particularly the old RG550 I've always used

In many ways I feel cheated that my ideal guitar isn't some through neck, pristine flame top, custom shop model but I'm glad, that like jem7pbk, I've found my perfect toy, even if mine had always been right under my nose
lol, I just did the exact same thing, i had a old RG450 and couldnt find anything to match, I reckon its cos factory setups are total crap most of the time, everything I pulled off the wall of guitar shops just played like ****. In the end I did need a backup and bought an RG548 - a days work on cleaning a setting up and wheyhey !!!! PUKKA!

P.S dont stop me from keep looking though
post #74 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:48 PM

I played my first PRS the other day. It was a PRS 20th. I thought it played like crap. I mean it was playable and I am open minded when it comes to guitars, I've owned everything from Gibson SG's to Strats and everyting in between. I just couldn't belive people would pay MEGA bucks for that guitar. It looked real purdy though.
post #75 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM

No offense Rotti but I call BS on that. I challenge anyone to play my simple PRS CE 24 any better than my Jem 90. "play like crap" and "PRS" belong in the same sentence as "play like crap" and "jem".

Tags
alex lifeson , beautiful guitar , brian moore , bridge pickup , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom shop , deluxe strat , duncan pickups , ebony fretboard , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , fixed bridge , fretboard wood , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , guitar shop , hamer standard , hardtail jem , hollow body , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem dbk , jem neck , jem pickups , johnny hiland , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , locking tuners , monkey grip , neck pickup , parker fly , pearloid pickguard , peavey classic , prs guitar , prs guitars , rosewood neck , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , signature guitar , sounding guitar , steve morse , strat sound , string acoustic , string tension , swirled jem , trem block , trem guitar , tung oil , van halen , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode