Left Handed JS - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:30 AM

Re: Left Handed JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
I call first dibs. You heard it here first
OK

Regards

André

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:42 AM

You know what! You guys should learn from Michael Angelo Batio. He is ambidextrous. He can play both right and left handed guitars. Infact, he can play both at the same time. Never say die.
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:48 AM

Sure I could do that. But all the time I would spend trying to actually play something on a right handed guitar, I could have put towards becomming a better left handed player.
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Sure I could do that. But all the time I would spend trying to actually play something on a right handed guitar, I could have put towards becomming a better left handed player.
+1

Regards

André

post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 AM

Koss, Is the Rg1570L any good. As I was thinking of getting one and putting in some dimarzio evolutions!
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis
Koss, Is the Rg1570L any good. As I was thinking of getting one and putting in some dimarzio evolutions!
I have one and it's pretty damn sweet...
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 04:42 PM

Would you recommend getting one?
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:31 PM

just my opinion. You can get any Carvin guitar in a left handed model... they are well built and have great tone. and if you get the DC series you can get the option of "routed sides" which make it sorta straty/js-y. Just food for though. It's not a JS but it's a economical choice for a left handed instrument and it'll still rock hard and be a high end machine.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis
Would you recommend getting one?

I'd recommend it yes. If 6 strings is all you need. I personally prefer a 7 stringer, and a floating bridge. Which means Carvin is out of the question.
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 06:22 AM

Quote:
I'd recommend it yes. If 6 strings is all you need. I personally prefer a 7 stringer, and a floating bridge. Which means Carvin is out of the question.
ummm... why is Carvin out of the question? They make 2 different models just like that. They make a DC727... get the Floyd Rose floating bridge (a factory option when you order the guitar) and click the Left Handed Model Option (no extra charge). The 727 is 2 humbuckers, and the 747 is a H-S-H configuration... so again, explain to me why a left handed Floyd Rose equiped Carvin guitar isn't an option...
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVampire
ummm... why is Carvin out of the question? They make 2 different models just like that. They make a DC727... get the Floyd Rose floating bridge (a factory option when you order the guitar) and click the Left Handed Model Option (no extra charge). The 727 is 2 humbuckers, and the 747 is a H-S-H configuration... so again, explain to me why a left handed Floyd Rose equiped Carvin guitar isn't an option...
There isn't really an explanation for this it's just how it is sadly. I don't even think you can get a 6 string with a lefty floyd from or are they still doing that?

Regards

André

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
it's probably be easier and cheaper to just learn how to play right handed.
I'm a lefty and I tried to learn to play left handed. It was impossible, so easy it is not!
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 03:17 PM

Quote:
With the left handed 7 string guitars, they only do hardtails. I don't know/care if they do it on the 6 strings so I can't comment on that. But If I wanted a carvin 7 string lefty with a floating bridge, even through it is technically an option, they won't do it. I've already emailed them before about this.
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 03:35 PM

Koss is correct. They won't do the Floyds on the lefty models... 6 or 7 string. The 6's are available hardtail or with the Wilky, the 7's hardtail only. I've been over that ground with Carvin more than I can admit without looking like a complete beggar. They don't rule out considering it as a future possibility but they have said, politely but quite plainly, that it won't be happening anytime soon. I just ordered a lefty DC727 from them yesterday, I've decided that I can live with it being a hardtail. When I think about it, my RG1570L spends about as much time without the bar as with it during my normal day-to-day playing.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobophobic
Koss is correct. They won't do the Floyds on the lefty models... 6 or 7 string. The 6's are available hardtail or with the Wilky, the 7's hardtail only. I've been over that ground with Carvin more than I can admit without looking like a complete beggar. They don't rule out considering it as a future possibility but they have said, politely but quite plainly, that it won't be happening anytime soon. I just ordered a lefty DC727 from them yesterday, I've decided that I can live with it being a hardtail. When I think about it, my RG1570L spends about as much time without the bar as with it during my normal day-to-day playing.
Got a spec list .

Regards

André

Tags
angelo batio , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolutions , fender strat , floyd rose , ibanez guitars , left handed guitar , michael angelo batio , steve vai , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode