Left Handed JS - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Angry Left Handed JS

Surely it has to be done!

I'm fed up of seeing all these wonderfully built "artist" instruments, calling up and asking about left handed versions and getting laughed at. I don't want a guitar made by a third party company, I'm not asking for lasers sticking outta the headstock, diamond plated frets, chromed bodies or any of that jazz. I want a JS guitar, but left handed....*Breathes*

Sorry to kick off with a rant guys, but it's upsetting and irritating that ibanez (and alot of other "big name" guitar companies), don't seem to value left handed customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 PM

Re: Left Handed JS

I wonder why they haven't came out with a lefty option for the JS 1000 or 1200 in the past or why they wont now.....
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 10:20 PM

Because they know how horrible the lefty jem 555 did. They wont invest alot of money into a higher end lefty JS or JEM when satch and vai aren't even lefties themselves, so the best we could hope for is a lower end version, and they already tried that with the jem and it failed pretty badly.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:09 AM

Makes sense.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:37 AM

it's probably be easier and cheaper to just learn how to play right handed.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:43 AM

Always the same with Ibanez when you ask them about a lefty version. It's just joke really . Ibanez didn't even make a lefty version of the Radius back in the 80's .

Regards

André

post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Banned

Lesson: Don't be left handed!
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyAxe
Lesson: Don't be left handed!
Right .

Regards

André

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 05:17 AM

I believe you should keep playing left handed and dont be put off by the people that put you down. Its a great thing to be able to play left handed so dont give up. Maybe if you wanted a higher end js consider other makes. I mean Hendrix didnt start to play right handed just because a load of guitar 'know it alls' said, 'Oh no learn right handed'. A fender strat or something. Its a unique skill to you so dont give up, it would be sinning against yourself
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 06:10 AM

I think that the number of people PLAYING IBANEZ GUITARS that are left handed are not many. There are also left handed who also play other brands and that makes the pie being sliced into even smaller share. It is simply not economical and feasible to cater every Ibanez model left handed. The market is simply not big enuff. That being said, I felt for you guys who are left handed.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
It is simply not economical and feasible to cater every Ibanez model left handed.
It isn't feasible for any guitar company for that matter. But I would like if Ibanez would offer more models as left handed and do a switch every year or every second where they offer some other models in lefty and thaqt should include SIGS to .

Regards

André

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 10:46 AM

Just waiting for some lefty to go and become famous - wonder if his signature models will be available in righthand only, aswell...

it's a shame, really.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
It isn't feasible for any guitar company for that matter.

Regards

André

Can you explain why Martin offer left handed options on any guitar at no extra charge then? INCLUDING sig models! Same with Burns and the Brian May "red special", seems very feasible to them. Seems to be a shocking lack of thought on the part of ibanez to me. I'll stop complaining now
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD
Can you explain why Martin offer left handed options on any guitar at no extra charge then? INCLUDING sig models! Same with Burns and the Brian May "red special", seems very feasible to them. Seems to be a shocking lack of thought on the part of ibanez to me. I'll stop complaining now
I am aware that those companies do that . But I'm interested in Ibanez .

Regards

André

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:52 PM

Surley I couldn't be too hard to make a lefty? all they have to do is switch it around. I mean If Ibanez wanted to save time they could put on a right handed neck/headstock.
Maybe we should start a petition for a left JS or Jem?

Tags
angelo batio , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolutions , fender strat , floyd rose , ibanez guitars , left handed guitar , michael angelo batio , steve vai , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode