Line 6 amd JEM owners help... - amp settings requested - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2001, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Line 6 amd JEM owners help... - amp settings requested

Im away at college so I needed a new practice amp, and ended up buying a Line6 flextone IIXL for the fact that I can get a lot of decent tones in one small fairly reliable and buck for buck good value package. *But to get it to sound decent I had take off all cab sims from my patches and run it through 2 vintage 30s that replaced the stock "custom" eminence (****) speakers. *So I got a decent starting point, but I was wondering if any body had some killer lead settings they could share with me. *Nothing over the top or with anything more than a little reverb or delay. *I'm using a JEM7VWH, and typically want to have a tone like that of john petrucci's. *Seering without being harsh, slightly midless and has that non tubby neck humbucker sound. *Also maybe if somebody has a smooth distortion patch al-la steve vai. *please share with me... I NEED BETTER tone and I can't seem to be able to dial anything good in recent times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2001, 08:55 PM

Line 6 amd JEM owners help...

Well, I have a pretty good lead sound that is basically the pre-set Soldano (Modern High-Gain) lead sound with a little more compression and a little less bass....I'll jot all the stuff down tonight and let you know
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 04:26 AM

Please let me also know!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 08:20 PM

There's an interesting link in this post right now, too....

http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic....um=5&topic=968

I will write down those settings in the next couple of days guys, I promise!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2001, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man, I'd appreciate some tonal help.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2001, 12:49 PM

my patches

These are all the patches and settings that I used when I had my Flex II HD (amphead). I had it plugged into a normal Marshall 1960a 4X12 speaker cab and played my DBK through it. There's all kinds of stuff in those libraries. You'll need to use the software that came with the amp to read them and have the cables to hook up your Flex to your computer to transfer them.

Have fun!

LJ

Tags
humbucker sound , john petrucci , neck humbucker , practice amp , speaker cab , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode