Listen to my 7DBK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Listen to my 7DBK

Hi folks, I have posted a new song that I did with my 7DBK, it's called "Drivers Rock". It is a song that I wrote on a day that I was supposed to be attending a Drivers School. Unfortunately it was postponed, so I stayed home and dreamt about driving the track and came up with this tune. I recently added some vocal "accents", so take a listen and if you like it... leave your comments by adding a "cheer".

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/riffr...ost.php?id=143

Thanks,
Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:25 PM

Re: Listen to my 7DBK

Let her rip and let's go! Nice riffing but the guy in the background sounds funny.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback... not surprising comment on the vocal bits... 35 years playing guitar... 1 day on vocals!!!

Basically, I thought that I would try something different -- add some spice, keeping in mind the theme of the song!

If you liked the song, click the "add" link beside "Cheers" and put your comments in.

Thanks again,
Brent.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Drop by and take a listen... and leave a cheer!

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/riffr...ost.php?id=143

Thanks,
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:35 AM

Cool stuff
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Rab

Amasingly the DBK tone and wood resonance almost sound the same even with a different amps setup and effects.
I have a 2000 DBK and i have way different tone than you but you can tell that is a DBK. If you know what i mean....

You surely went off key there in your solo. The riff is ok, need more production and work.

Hear my DBK on my website www.rabihsaad.com

Enjoy

Rs
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:31 PM

Sorry that was awful.

No worries, here is an mp3 of me you can critique. I hit one completely wrong note in the lead.

http://michaelclagett.com/mp3/TornBetween.mp3
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Well, I know where to go to get some honest feedback!!! As I mentioned before, I completely agree... the solo was a 1st take right off the cuff. I should have put more time into it that is for sure. I never really liked it, but as you said, the riff was so cool.

Your work on the other hand is exceptional. Didn't notice the off-note on first listen! Maybe we should collaborate on something? Thanks for the feedback.

Voting lasts for another 2 days. Thanks to everyone who put in a Cheer!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Hey Rab... let me just put in an order right here and now for your album when it comes out!!! Awesome... always have been a big fan!

I know what you mean about the tone of the DBK, love it! I will send you the configuration of the tone I used. It is all from Line6 GuitarPort into RiffWorks recording software.

Thanks for responding! Don't forget to put in your "Cheer".
Brent.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Rab

Thank you Henry,

Well to tell you the truth i dont know when the album gonna come out myself. Its taking more work than i thought with my day job and all, im headed for a burnout. Its hard to keep up...

Last minutes changes like remixing some songs and choosing covers for the album had delayed it and still doing so.

I just added some videos on youtube just for fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS7NAmJO-2Q

Keep cheking my site for the latest info on the album.

Regards

Rs

Tags
playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode